Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

15 Posts

August 5th, 2020 22:00

XPS-17 9700 Pop sound on first use of speakers after boot

I have a new XPS-17. I noticed that the first time the speakers are used after boot, there is a short pop/crackle the precedes the sound. Is this normal?

I don't know if it's related but tonight, the Intel sound driver just failed. It said no power (I didn't take down the error in the driver info).  The other sound drivers remained normal. When I ran a troubleshooter, it said I didn't have speakers. I uninstalled the driver, rebooted and it's back.

The pop/crackle was happening before this driver/power failure and still is now.

I have scanned for updates from Dell and Microsoft. All up to date.

I've only been using the laptop for a few days.

Thanks!

15 Posts

UPDATE: It happens more often than just after boot.

I didn't mention this because I wasn't sure but it just happened again and I have been using the computer for an hour since last reboot.

• 

25.1K Posts

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

2 Posts

December 19th, 2020 07:00

Did you ever get a solution or workaround for this? New XPS 17 9700 here and same issue. 

15 Posts

December 21st, 2020 13:00

Unfortunately, I did not before I decided to return the laptop inside the 30-day window. I didn't really get an answer and got a bit of a run around so for the amount of money I spent, I didn't think it was worth risking future problems.

This is not to say that Dell or someone has come up with a solution since my original post so maybe you can find something. I am using a different branded laptop now. Good luck!

(I tried to post once and got an error so hopefully this isn't a duplicate post)

No Events found!