Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

2 Intern

• 

340 Posts

December 15th, 2019 06:00

XPS 7390 right side USB-C port not working correctly

Brand new XPS 7390.  The right side USB-C port does not work correctly with external USB-C SSD drive.  

When connected, Windows will not mount the drive, and becomes very laggy until the drive is disconnected.  If I connect a standard flash/thumb drive (via a USB-C to -A adapter) it works correctly.  It will not work with other devices, though.

Same devices on either of the left-side USB-C ports work fine.

Is there a defect with the 7390?  I've read of older models having a similar issue with the right-side USB port.  

Advice?

34 Posts

January 14th, 2020 11:00

I think the right port is not thunderbolt and hance doesn't have the same thoughput than oon the other side.

it's says that it is a displayport . For example the charge won't work on the right side . I guess because the hard drive requires some sort of power source , the right port can't provide enough but is fine for a small device like usb thumb, mouse ... and self powered display of course.

1 Rookie

• 

58 Posts

January 15th, 2020 01:00

checked on their website, it comes with 2x Thunderbolt™ 3 with Power Delivery and DisplayPort.

should be left and right side able to charge and use for data transfer use.

1 Rookie

• 

58 Posts

January 15th, 2020 01:00

i am facing this same issue too. when i connect external harddisk, it will disconnect itself intermittently. when connect to my phone, my phone will show charging state and disconnects the usb transferring. i suspect the right side usb c port might have some issue connecting for data transfer

No Events found!