Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

August 22nd, 2019 13:00

XPS 7590 OLED screen banding issues

My display has banding issues. I have been in touch with your support department. First they sent out an engineer to replace the display in the laptop. The replaced screen was also faulty. The engineer saw the problem himself after installing the replacement screen.

When replacing screen didnt solve the issue then a replacement laptop was sent. The OLED on the replaced laptop is the worst. 

I want to know, are you not quality checking these machines? Are there no working screens with dell that can resolve my issue. The only option being given to me is to get a refund.

This goes to show that Dell is incapable to resolve a bad display issue.

Anyone else having oled screen should try the below link https://youtu.be/dP4vEGREGD4?t=90

1 Message

October 10th, 2019 03:00

Hi

Is there any update on OLEDs in these machines? Is replacement Part available? I have pretty same issue on Precision 5540 and really don't want to replace this wonderful screen with LCD.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 11th, 2019 06:00

@syoma at present I can provide no further updates. Engineering are investigating the issue.

Alan

1 Message

October 13th, 2019 13:00

Hi everybody, i have the same issue... and it's pretty sad because the xps 7590 is not that cheap..

xps.jpg

any update on this issue?

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 14th, 2019 06:00

@mkozianowski as per my response above engineering are still investigating the issue.

At present there is nothing further I can add.

Alan

1 Message

October 18th, 2019 19:00

I have this same model, with similar issues. TV manufacturers have combatted this with a built-in "pixel-refresher" utility which can be run periodically by the user (and is on a set schedule to run automatically by the manufacturer) to regain consistent coloring and lighting. I would suggest to your engineering team that they release a tool which can perform this same task.

1 Message

October 24th, 2019 02:00

i also have the same problem, and they also provide me to get refund. this is the way dell starting lost the client. 

November 13th, 2019 09:00

Any updates on Dell's side for this issue?

I'm on my second OLED 7590, the panel on the first one I received kept cutting out so it was DOA essentially. The replacement I've received has terrible banding on the greys and is not acceptable for anyone using this for photography/video work.

2 Posts

November 26th, 2019 12:00

I have the exact same issue with my new XPS 7590 OLED. Should I directly ask for a refund and buy from another brand? Is dell offering alternative solutions?

1 Message

December 9th, 2019 13:00

Are you refering to this problem? I’m about to return my Gigabyte Aero 15 Oled due to this, is this normal or I have a bad Oled display, look at this images and tell me if this is normal:

https://imgur.com/a/GhMcR1x

13 Posts

December 13th, 2019 15:00

Yes, these are the same problems we have with the Dell XPS 15. Different OLED panels have the problems to varying degrees.

December 20th, 2019 15:00

Any updates on Dell's side for this issue?

I'm thinking to pull the trigger on the XPS with a 4K panel but this thread gives all the reason to avoid the OLED panel. 

Thanks!

December 23rd, 2019 06:00

@AntonioBO 

Could you kindly share a couple of photos of the banding you are experiencing? 

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2019 06:00

DON'T BUY XPS 15 7590 WITH OLED SCREEN. Now i'm stuck with a $2500 usd laptop with horrible banding issues. Dell says "system is performing as designed". (BAD)

1 Message

February 6th, 2020 11:00

Hi, guys. Here's a bit of statistics on OLEDs on XPS 15 based on my experience, I had a deal with three (yep) of them during last couple of months.

First one: got a refund because of the banding issue.
Second one: narrow bright horizontal line across the whole screen. Gave it back right in the shop.
Third one: left side is noticeably brighter than the right one in some conditions.

Three in a row, Dell! Each one was bought in different stores, btw. Sad thing here is that aside of display issues this laptop is almost perfect for me.

And as far as I can see, there's still no clear information about the issue from Dell, which is... Well, not cool.

3 Posts

February 6th, 2020 14:00

Its a lottery if you receive a good screen. Below is an email from Dell support after I refused a refund.

Good Morning. 

Thank you for your response. 

We understand that the system is working fine apart from the color banding in dark scenes while watching videos. We also understand that you would like to retain the laptop from the refund, however we would like to inform you that we are unsure the issue may be resolved with an update or firmware. As we already replaced the screen once already and replacing the screen once again would not make much difference to the issue as you reported the same issues on the replacement screen. 

As we were unsure of a resolution to the issue you reported, we decided to provide a refund even beyond the return period but please note that we will not be able to offer refund once again in the future as the system would be beyond return period and has been rejected by you when provided as an exception. 

Kindly confirm if you would like to retain the system or proceed with the collection and refund. 

No Events found!