Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2020 13:00

XPS 9310 - Bluetooth lag with Logitech MX Keys + MX Master 3

My XPS 13 9310 has Bluetooth issues just like my previous XPS 9360

I just received the laptop and updated all drivers, bios and Windows - Everything is up to date. 

Connect my keyboard and mouse and off we go. Awesome laptop - If you don't mind your mouse getting stuck for 2-3 seconds. Or typing a few characters behind.

In the beginning with my 9360 I had a similar problem - Though I remember only turning off some mouse settings and that solved it. Now - can't figure out why out of the box a $2K laptop cannot perform as it should. 

7 Posts

August 5th, 2021 03:00

Hi have you tried to right click or use tool bar-edit-new-DWROD?

August 5th, 2021 12:00

Ok got it. It looks like its fixed - finally. 

Hopefully this is a permanent solution. Thanks for the help.

2 Posts

August 6th, 2021 04:00

I had the same issue with the XPS 15 9510, but with an MX Anywhere 3.
@derekthoms : your solution did it for me, if it wasn't for you I would have returned an otherwise fantastic new laptop. Thanks!

August 16th, 2021 13:00

Works for me on my brand new XPS 9510 and MX Master. Thanks!

(shame it is not solved by Dell (or Logitech?)

42 Posts

August 27th, 2021 08:00

I've installed new drivers (WiFi and BT) 22.70 but it didn't make any difference.

I've realized it's a problem specifically with Intel AX200 chipset! (which comes in Killer AX1650 Network card). Because I have 2 DELL XPS 13 9310, one of them with the spec written above and the other one has a different network card: Killer AX500 (which has a Qualcomm chipset, instead of Intel), and that one works flawlessly with my bluetooth mouse (microsoft arc mouse) (as opposed to when I use it in my Intel AX200 chipset, which gives me this 2sec lag we all experience here.

BTW, I've read many people complaining that after updating the registry they have experienced either windows crashes or battery drain.

I'm curious, Is there anyone that has NOT experienced any drawbacks at all? (no crashes, no battery drain, no sleep mode issues...)?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2021 08:00

Bluetooth mouse lag after mouse idle 10-15 seconds
option 1: In the Device Manager, disable selective suspend for impacted USB HID devices
option 2: Implementing “PME notify” BIOS ACPI handler

Bluetooth mouse lag after mouse idle 2 seconds
* Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
* In, "Optional updates available", you will find the link

42 Posts

September 8th, 2021 14:00

@DELL-Chris M 

Chris,

Thanks for your post.

Regarding Windows update, I already updated to  the one you mentioned: Windows 10 Version 21H1 Build 19043.1202 (Sept, 2021). It seems it got a bit better, but not fully. (same slight improvement that I saw when I replaced video drivers from DELL’s website to the one directly from Intel’s website). 

So, regarding the first part of your suggestions, can you please clarify?

Option1:  disable selective suspend in DM (which subgroup in DM? I tried both in Bluetooth Devices and also in Mice and other pointing devices, but when I click in the mouse’s properties, I couldn’t find any “selective suspend” to disable.

Option2: how can I implement this “PME notify” BIOS ACPI handler?

Thanks a lot

Rodrigo Lolato

September 19th, 2021 04:00

Hi

I have exactly the same problems with a Schenker Vision 15 with similar Specs: i7-1165G7, Tiger Laker, WiFi 6 AX201.
Also Users from other Brands (Lenovo, Asus, HP ...) with this certain Tiger Lake Design are affected since Months.

The Registry-Hack works, but that cannot be a solution. Users reporting bluescreens, others a higher battery drain. In my case my device got warmer, and even did not cool down in Sleep Mode. This worried me, so I took back the registry hack.

My solution: I send music to my bluetooth-speakers and the lags are gone. With this constant preoccupation of the Notebooks Bluetooth components with music playback, there are no more dropouts.

I hope all manufacturers will get in touch with Intel and Microsoft to resolve this since months annoying problem.

1 Message

September 20th, 2021 00:00

I have the same issue.

Tried the registry update with no luck.

It is a factory installed copy of Windows 10

I get the same problem with a wired USB mouse AND the touchpad, so I don't think it is Bluetooth specific.

It is a shame as the laptop is amazing but the stutter is spoiling an otherwise great experiance!

1 Message

September 20th, 2021 01:00

I have got the issue with 3 different laptops, lg gram 14 laptop, lg gram 14 (2 in 1 version) and dynabook portege.

All computers with intel 11th gen. I have many usb hubs and usbc docks to test, i can reproduce error with every single dock connected to the laptop.

In my case the issue happens when i plug any hub to the usb-A connector with usb mouse, keyboard and for example any other usb pen or adapter.

The issue makes mouse disconnecting for 1 seccond randomly, so you see cursor frezee for that seccond and mouse lights turning off and on, but if you unplug everything and plug again the problem can randomly address to keyboard, which makes the same behaviour but this time not making backlight of keyboard turn off, but doing strange things like writing a letter repeatedly (like holding a key) for 2 secconds while writing or just stop writing for 1 seccond.

Making copy of files inside the usb pen makes frezees a lot notticeable (mouse disconnecting), making impossible to use mouse or keyboard when affected.

Another issue, connecting 2 screens for example one to hdmi and another to the thunderbolt port makes allways flickering on 1 of the screens.

The registry hack didnt fix the problem in one of the computers i tried, but dissabling cstates does the trick, so i think this problem is related to something with energy savings with 11th gen of intel laptops.

I did tests using only wifi (also using ethernet adaptor instead of wifi) and without bluetooth devices. And tried every single step charging computer and on battery mode, but problem remains so i think i will have to buy a laptop with amd proccesor or 10th gen of intel.

I forgot! This happens while installing windows aswell, so annoying.

1 Message

September 21st, 2021 13:00

I finally fixed this issue in Bios - go to performance and disable C2 state control! I also unchecked all the power managment sleep checkboxes in USBs in my device manager, and also used registry fix. Finally, after C2 state control was disabled in bios, no lagging for my Logitech MX Master 3 mouse with Dell XPS 9310!!! I am not sure how these settings will affect my battery life, but at least, I can finally work on my notebook!

2 Posts

September 30th, 2021 10:00

Hey thanks so much for working on this.

I have updated the driver today which is now 22.70.0.06.

I have the xps 9310 running windows pro on a x64 bit system. Thankfully my mouse doesn't lag when continuously moving around, but it still has the lag when moving it for the first time after being idle. Do you have any idea how to work this out?

October 3rd, 2021 11:00

Thank you this solve lagging problem on my dall xps 9710 and logitech m590 connected via bluetooth.

2 Posts

October 6th, 2021 20:00

Hey your answer finally fixed my lag on the mx master 3 on a dell xps 9310 but now my battery is draining much quicker. Has anyone else experienced this or has already found an answer?

1 Message

November 17th, 2021 14:00

I found the solution for my XPS 17 9710. If I didn't use my MX2 mouse, MX3 mouse, or MX keys for a few seconds, there would be a delay.  There was no delay if I kept moving it around.

When I turned off my wi-fi, the delay disappeared.  Also, at my office, there wasn't a delay.  So there must be something about the connection between my Eero routers at home compared to my Comcast router at at the office.  Also, this doesn't happen with my Microsoft Surfacebook 15 so there must also be a conflict with the Killer Intel wi-fi on my XPS and with bluetooth.

After a lot of searching I found this solution.  See the link for images and the full answer: http://www.gabesvirtualworld.com/bluetooth-mouse-stuttering-in-windows-10/

The solution is in the device manager under bluetooth device and then the “Intel Wireless Bluetooth” device. Then go to properties, find the Power Management tab and disable it. That immediately solved it for me.

Thank you Gabe's Virtual World!!!

No Events found!