Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2022 08:00

XPS 9310 ssd not showing up after wipe

Hi Guys,

yesterday i wiped the hard drive of my XPS 9310 2-in-1 through the UEFI, as i have done a couple of times before, but when checking the boot options, the SSD wasn't there as an option and when i try to boot i get "no bootable device found" as an error message. Though I can see that it is installed when going into the storage tab.

I have tried to reset the bios/uefi to factory settings, change it from RAID to ACHI,... but i wasn't able to just have it come back as a boot option.

If anyone could tell me how i can add it back in the boot options that would be great!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 1st, 2022 11:00

@luis with an o wrote:

XPS 9310 2-in-1

1. but when checking the boot options, the SSD wasn't there as an option

2. and when i try to boot i get "no bootable device found" as an error message. Though I can see that it is installed when going into the storage tab.

3. I have tried to reset the bios/uefi to factory settings, change it from RAID to ACHI,... but i wasn't able to just have it come back as a boot option.

If anyone could tell me how i can add it back in the boot options that would be great!

1. Erased drives don't show as bootable.

2. You can use the F12 One-Time-Boot-Menu to boot a Windows-11 Installer flash-drive

3. You can likely use AHCI if you want. If you want to use RAID, Intel-RST/Intel-Optane-MaSM should be installed in Windows.

4. Install Windows to it and make it bootable.

457 Posts

October 1st, 2022 10:00

Did you attempt to install an OS back onto the SSD since you wiped it?

No Events found!