Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

3 Posts

January 19th, 2020 18:00

XPS 9360 Black Screen

I dropped my phone on my keyboard and then my screen turned black. 

I tried unplugging the battery and CMOS also but it didn't work.

The D + power test does not work but the FN+power works. It was beep, pause in a continuous cycle till I stopped it. 

The power button turns on, backlight turns on as well.

I called Dell and they suggested replacing the screen.

Any other suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

January 20th, 2020 05:00

Have you tried connecting an external monitor to see if that works? And if it was one beep in a cycle than that is either the motherboard or the BIOS ROM failure. Depending how hard the keyboard was hit, it does sit above the MB, then it could be that the MB is damaged.

3 Posts

January 20th, 2020 12:00

@JOcean I won't be able to test it on an external monitor till a new adapter comes in tommorow. I redid the test this morning and it was 3 beeps, pause , 3 beeps, musical beep

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

January 20th, 2020 15:00

3 beeps could still be a motherboard problem, and the beep codes are here. But it could also still be related to the CMOS battery. Either the battery is not a tight fit in the socket or, and not likely, the BIOS chip has been damaged. But after you get the adapter and hook up an external monitor, this is all conjecture. If you are able to get a display and can run the system diagnostics, that will point you in the right direction.

3 Posts

January 21st, 2020 16:00

I am able to get a display on an external monitor. I ran the system scan on the Dell page but it tells me there were 0 issues found. Could a wire just be knocked loose behind the LCD screen or something?

No Events found!