Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

November 3rd, 2018 11:00

XPS 9360- Reboots, Freezes, and Charge Issues

I bought my Dell XPS 9360 last year and have had issues with the reboots and power ever since. Currently, my charger will not charge the computer when plugged in. Previously, the day I took it out of the box, it would restart every 30 min or so with periodic freezes. Since it was shipped to Dell's repair center (with an OS reboot along with HW tinkering) and returned, these freezes happen less frequently but still occur, where the only solution now is has to turn off my computer by holding down the power button as I'm out of my 1 yr warranty. Now with zero ability to recharge, I'm faced with the decision of continue to pour money and waste time into continual support (further warranties, support calls, new charger, etc) or just buy a working system (non-dell product). I'm using my 10+ year old Macbook Pro to write this post now. I used to believe my computer was just a lemon of the bunch, but now I don't think the XPS Hardware was truly compatible with the Windows 10 software and this has created extensive issues. I believe this product was launched too soon and Dell should recall the products or reimburse their customers appropriately.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

November 3rd, 2018 11:00

Solving the charging issue:

Is the AC adapter recognized by the system or does it show unknown?  F2 at powerup to check.

If it's recognized and lists its power output, the charge fault is likely a bad battery.

If it's unknown, the battery will not charge.  Replace the AC adapter first -- make sure to try or purchase a new, OEM Dell adapter.  If that's recognized, the original is bad.  If it's not, replace the DC jack:

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=19725&utm_expid=6199460-42.YlfEXTnLQfaN1hrNQCVNtw.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.parts-people.com%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dcategory%26id%3D143%26subid%3D927%26refine%3Ddc%2Bjack

If that doesn't get the adapter recognized, it's the charge circuit that's bad;  you'll need a mainboard replacement.  

No Events found!