Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 18th, 2018 12:00

XPS 13 9370, Freezes and Mouse Stuttering

Received my XPS 13 9370 today, and I right away noticed that the system freezes for (1-10) seconds when under load. This occurring so frequently that the laptop is almost not usable. The symptoms appear more often when the computer is plugged into the charger. I've got the latest updates now, windows, drivers and bios but the symptoms are persistent. Was not the computer checked before it was shipped or what? My XPS experience has gone of to a bad start that's for sure.

Please advice

/S

July 31st, 2018 22:00

Dell actually confirmed this issue.

无标题.png

1 Message

October 30th, 2018 01:00

Thanks for the info, I just received my laptop and it had this problem. Disabling Panel Self Refresh fixed it.

July 13th, 2018 06:00

I get this from time to time and it's so annoying. I notice flipping the lid closed and open fixes the issue for a while.

It's related to Intel Panel Self-Refresh, although I never got Dell Support to acknowledge it - they just tell you to do weird stuff like update touchpad drivers (!?) if you write to them about it.

Has anyone managed to successfully fix it? I'm tempted to do a full reinstall of Windows 10, but everything works except this issue so I'm wary of causing more problems.

Also, it's a shame to disable Panel Self-Refresh and lose the battery saving features of it.

Anyone had any luck?

1 Message

December 25th, 2018 13:00

Unbelievable that Dell hasn't fixed this yet. Spent an hour on Xmas researching this issue.

No Events found!