Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 02:00

XPS 9550 video driver issues

i'm looking for the Intel HD 530 driver for the above laptop. the Dell site only lists one driver for my model but it's not the right one and cannot be installed. Dell site is showing the driver for HD 620 graphics but the XPS 9550 comes with HD 530 graphics. where would i get the latest driver from? i tried the drivers direct from Intel but i think there's a problem with GPU switching which is causing lag and responsiveness issues.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

May 23rd, 2020 04:00

Actually if you go to the 9550 support page and the Intel driver, then expand the driver details (under applies to) it states that it is for the HD 530. That page is here. I suspect the wrong GPU type is listed in the driver heading.

May 23rd, 2020 08:00

i found that earlier and came back here to post an update. i was using this site before which i thought was the official site for driver downloads: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk/product-support/product/xps-15-9550-laptop/drivers in any case, there's an issue i can't seem to solve. up until around a week ago everything was working fine, all snappy and responsive. the other day things started getting a bit laggy so i tried a few things such as reinstalling drivers, running diagnostics and so on. nothing changed so i tried reverting to the original install of W10 but still the same. i've now tried clean installs of W10 but there's no change. it's not bad but it's just not as snappy and instant as things have always been. is this a known issue? just running regular basic software such as Firefox (multiple instances and numerous tabs open), Office, Lightroom, PDFs and so on. nothing out of the ordinary. would dearly like to get back to how it was working before.

May 25th, 2020 09:00

any other ideas on this? is there a away to test both graphics 'cards' and graphics switching are all working well?

28 Posts

July 3rd, 2020 12:00

I'm assuming you already reinstalled the drivers. 

28 Posts

turn them off in device manager and re enable. that will get it to reset when stuck at 100% 530 use. 

28 Posts

Re: XPS 9550 video driver issuesdell gpu.JPG

28 Posts

it overloads on static pagesdell 99.JPG

28 Posts

It appears a BIOS issue rampant in their systems. Disabling the Nvida may help on line but renders other programs near useless. My XPS was a nightmare day one and my $99 tablet and Atari 1040 function better for the most part. I'm not saying the dell is useless, if you are willing to put in the hours, weeks and months, you can sometimes get simple things done. advertising is great, function, not so much

28 Posts

dell on static page.jpgDELL Update.jpg

28 Posts

Hey Dell, do you realize it appears you have a rampant problem across multiple lines?

No Events found!