Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

April 27th, 2020 20:00

XPS 9570 Internal Fan Replacement Part(s)

Hello.

I have a Dell XPS 9570 that is out of warranty.  One of the internal fans for the 9570 laptop is rattling as if the motor is not properly stabilized and is out of whack so the fan is buzzing against something inside it.  The fan works but the buzzing sound is definitely heavily annoying.

I have run the in-built diagnostics which came back clear.  I also took apart the system per the service manual to properly clean out the grills, fan vents, and external vent ports both on the exhaust and the intake ports.  Unfortunately, the fan is still buzzing.

It appears that the fan is underneath the F9-F12, PrtScr, Insert, Delete buttons corner of the computer.  I need to find a replacement part for this fan, or alternatively a pair of fans to replace both fans in the system at the same time.

Is there a replacement part number for this fan?
08YY9 Left fan, TK9J1 Right fan. DELL-Admin

Alternatively, does Dell have the capability of selling me the replacement fan component?
We do not. You will need to search on the web for those part numbers. DELL-Admin

(I am well versed in taking apart the system as I've done so before to replace or clean components or parts (especially the vents) and am well versed in the internals of the system as I've had to make minor after-market alterations with placing a few thermal pads on the inside on top of the MOSFETs and putting them in thermal contact with the aluminum bottom shell to increase heat dissipation so the system doesn't overheat under normal use.)

No Responses!
No Events found!