Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 28th, 2019 14:00

XPS 15 9570, blacks, shadows are crushed pixelated

Hi, I am truly lost at the moment. Having this issue for a while now ( about 2 month). Up to that point the dell xps has been amazing and my favorite device until this started to happen. The issue I am having is whenever I watch a video, edit photo, play games. My blacks and shadows are really pixelated and with big chuncks of pixels visible... this is ruining the 4k experience. Especially as a photographer this is annoying as I cant edit any photos properly on my 2500 EUR machine... Is there any solutions / recommendations what I can do? Drivers are up to date according to intel and dell. Luckily I sill have my 15 inch Macbook pro. 4k screen - 16gb ram - 500gb ssd - Nvidia G-card

4 Posts

July 31st, 2019 00:00

Dell Support team has helped me out and now it is fine.

Steps that I had to follow:

Please download and save the following drivers from Dell support site.

Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver
Intel Chipset Device Software driver
Nvidia Graphics driver
BIOS

Open Device Manager
Expand Display Adapter
Right click on the graphics driver
Click uninstall (check the box that says delete
driver) do not restart the computer
Install the Chipset followed by the Nvidia, Intel, BIOS (even if you have the latest version) and then restart the system.

10 Posts

July 28th, 2019 15:00

same problem here

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 29th, 2019 11:00

Thank you for your message. I have replied to your private message requesting some details. Please share the same.

July 29th, 2019 22:00

Got the same problem. IT od hard to edit photos when u see tor 4k display showing worse color banding than Tv's in 1990's.

489 Posts

July 30th, 2019 00:00

With previous XPS 15 models, such problems were on several occasions resulting from certain incompatibility between specific BIOS and Intel video driver versions. Which versions do you have, and when was the last time you've updated them? Firstly try reinstalling the Intel video driver using DDU, if not fixed try older versions of either. Also try removing Dell Premier Color if you are using it (is a permanent source of issues, life is better without it). 

4 Posts

July 31st, 2019 12:00

The issue is back agian:(

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 31st, 2019 14:00

Sorry to know that the issue persists. This seems to be an issue with the driver.

Press Windows+ ctrl+shift+B, this will refresh the driver. If the issue persists try the below steps.

Please turn off the wireless/ disconnect from the internet. Open device manager – expand display adapter – right-click on the NVidia driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the system.

This will refresh the driver, with the network disconnect please see if the issue persists.

1 Message

October 2nd, 2019 03:00

what have helped for me is below
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/4w92tf/pixelated_blacks_on_dell_xps_15/

In addition, if both apps, dell premiere color and intel graphic control panel manage color spaces independently, how to set true adobeRGB on the display? Shouldn't be an option to override intel's setting with premiere color app?

No Events found!