Re: XPS 9570 Unrecoverable freezing

Hi there,

This is regarding the concern you had raised for your Dell laptop.

Please drop us a message with the requested details for further assistance. Our support team is available 24/7 to assist you.

Dell-KughaluA
Social Media Team

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
austinman12345
1 Copper

Disabling C-state makes sense to me. My laptop only freezes when it is idle. It isn't even a consistent freeze. It will work for days without an issue, then it locks up.  What is really annoying in my use case, is I run virtual machines, which means I have to reboot those as well. 

Fingers crossed this works. Thanks for posting. 

0 Kudos
Catscratch29
1 Copper

Is there any support case on Dell side to handle the problem and maybe release some Bios update or something like this?

I mean, disabling C-States is not really a useful solution since it lowers battery runtime significantly.

0 Kudos
Maettu
1 Copper

I have installed a Linux and have the same problem on an XPS 13 9380. All browsers with Chromium as base the error occurs very often.
If the USB c is a docking station it gets even worse.

I have tried the tips in this thread. Unfortunately without success.

0 Kudos
austinman12345
1 Copper

I agree with you Catscratch29. In my case I am typically connected to the power supply, and can live with disabling C-States. The battery drains pretty quickly when not connected.

The Lenovo laptops were on my shortlist ( of 2) laptops to purchase. As this is the 2nd Dell laptop I have had 'issues' with. Lenovo will be top of the list when I am ready to replace the XPS15. No doubt Lenovo computers have their own issues, but I am getting a bit tired of having to 'fix' problems that Dell should address.

Highlighted
Catscratch29
1 Copper

Tried to install latest Intel Graphics Driver manually over device manager. No success.

0 Kudos