Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

January 11th, 2019 20:00

XPS 9570 freezing

Just got a brand new 9570 yesterday and I’m dealing with terrible freezing. A few minutes after start up it will start freezing and becomes unresponsive. If I close the laptop and reopen it stop, only to freeze again later. 

All drivers are up to date

Bios was updated to 1.6, no change

Bios was updated, today, to 1.7, no change

For a brand new laptop, this is disappointing 

3 Posts

January 12th, 2019 13:00

I'm having the same problem aswell, already thinking of returning mine , disappointing.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 14th, 2019 05:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your new order. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Do you remember installing any Windows updates or driver change after you set up the computer?  Any anti-virus installation?

Is the system slow irrespective of the AC adapter being connected or not?

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

February 28th, 2019 11:00

Same Problem on my October Purchased XPS 15. Noticed it most often when using Google Chrome. Total Freeze up and have to use power button to shut down and restart. First noticed this in January. Drivers, OS and BIOS ALWAYS up to date as soon they're available. Hardware checks all come out fine.

This is a business machine and I'm at risk of losing work every time I use it. Unacceptable. 

2 Posts

February 28th, 2019 12:00

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 1st, 2019 04:00

Have you observed any heating issues with the notebook?  Does the system freeze when used for a long time like 4-5 hours continuously or does it freeze within a couple of minutes?

Please check if there is an error reported in event viewer.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

6 Posts

March 1st, 2019 05:00

I also bought recently had the same issue in the beginning after that I cannot do anything

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-9570-BIOS-Error-No-boot/m-p/7251864#M25558

6 Posts

March 1st, 2019 06:00

. How is the laptop now. ? 

I also have same problem thinking of returning. 

1 Message

April 24th, 2019 19:00

I recently bought the XPS 15 9570 and since Day 1 I am having this issue. Called help desk multiple times but of no use. Planning to return the $3K piece of **bleep**. I noticed, facing the issue when only on battery power. 

May 14th, 2019 13:00

Just happened with mine, first time for me... out of nowhere total freeze and unresponsive, totally locked. Had to press power for many seconds to reboot...

1 Message

May 14th, 2019 22:00

Mine froze today during a CE lecture and I lost at least a page of notes.  Keyboard not responsive, screen not responsive.  All drivers are up to date (Dell updater, windows update, and intel drivers) as I took my computer in to the microsoft store where I purchased it just few days ago for a separate problem and they updated them.  I had to do a hard restart after waiting a long time.

Previous problem mentioned above: my computer was running (and wouldn't sleep when I closed it) but the screen wouldn't come on no matter what I did- there were some drivers out of date though so crossing my fingers that doesn't happen again.

Now the whole computer freezing up just a few days later.  This computer is becoming frustrating, especially for $2k.

Preceeding that- maybe an hour before- my screen brightness keys were non-responsive.  They still raised and lowered the light meter bar that appears but the screen brightness wouldn't change.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Message

July 10th, 2019 03:00

My new XPS 1570 keeps freezing and this time it will not respond at all, even to control alt delete. In the past you could take the battery out but it doesn't appear you can with this machine. This computer cost over £2000, very poor

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 10th, 2019 07:00

Hi Stemme,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 12th, 2019 12:00

We haven't heard from you. We need to close the case for now, but should you need further help or assistance, feel free to reach out to us again.
We do hope that this matter was resolved.
Kind regards.

1 Message

September 17th, 2019 15:00

Hi Robert,

My XPS 9570 started freezing up randomly as well. I've searched the forum and updated all drivers, BIOS, the latest Intel 630 driver directly from Intel's website and applied all Windows updates as well. Unfortunately none of that helped with the issue. Usually freezes without being under heavy load at all, just browsing.

My biggest frustration is that my system is still under warranty, but Dell is not willing to take ti for a repair because when I run the diagnostics it doesn't come up with an error. So Dell's position is that is a software issue. I am very very disappointed. Would you be able to provide any assistance, please? 

Thanks.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2019 13:00

I am having the same issue too and omg its make me out of my mind. I paid over 2700$ 32gb RAM, top SPECs. and it got freeze with a simple task. I contacted customer service million times. They access my machine and run all troubleshooting with nothing improve. 

I am a dell customer since long time and I am a loyal customer. But this issue make me mad at dell. 

Hope someone from dell can help us

No Events found!