Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

1 Message

January 12th, 2019 14:00

XPS 9575 Disaster and Terrible Customer Support

Hi All,

Hopefully posting here; as my final resort before I go beyond Dell support services, will result in some form of solution.

My XPS 9575 (purchased June 2018) has since July;

1. not been able to connect to my eGPU (limited functionality issue),

2. still suffers from a freezing touchpad,

3. right shift key doesn't respond half of the time,

4. and frequently cannot connect properly via miracast

The laptop is covered under the top service plan and thus far;

1. I have spent countless of my hours trying to get in touch with lousy Dell support,

2. Spent many hours reinstalling windows 10 and reinstalling drivers/etc.

3. Have had my motherboard replaced (in October which resulted in nothing being fixed, and me having to again, backup my files, reinstall windows)

4. Lost countless hours of productivity (this is my primary work laptop)

A background on the eGPU issue;

Aorus Gaming Box 1080; worked when I purchased it, ceased to work randomly during July. 

1. Tested the gaming box on several laptops (9370, macbook pro, 9570, Latitude 5190) they ALL recognized and functioned properly.

2. Purchased a 1070 gaming box and a 580 gaming box; both worked with all the laptops EXCEPT for my 9575.

3. My gaming box works and responds when connected to my 9575 when daisy chained through my TB16 dock

(Aorus1080->TB16->9575)

4. Basically played with all the BIOS settings and versions - no luck.

I am fed up with Dell; I feel like I have been patient with their service (weeks upon weeks of back and forth with no result) and am getting **bleep** as a customer. 

Pay thousands of dollars for a product (and hundreds for a warranty/service plan) for a half functioning and stubborn slow service... thanks a lot Dell. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 14th, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused & I will be glad to assist you with this.

Please share the service tag on a private message, so that I can check what troubleshooting steps have been performed so far & assist you further so that you don’t have to repeat the steps.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!