Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

March 20th, 2019 08:00

XPS 9575 Touchpad freezing

We still don't have any Dell answer, so i will create this another post.

I have Dell XPS9575, and i have an issue with touchpad. Sometimes cursor "freezes", sometimes it perform phantom clics, and sometimes there is a click in left bottom corner (windows button).

Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763, BIOS 1.2.0 10/10/2018, HD Graphics 630 25.20.100.6373, Radeon RX Vega M 25.20.15002.58.

Tried downgrade to BIOS 1.1.7 - no result.

Tried turn off "HID-compliant pen" - still issue occurs, but i feel it helps someway right after disabling.

About chasis - yes, when i put my laptop on the table, it stands not perfectly, it has ~0.5 millimeter travel distance from left bottom corner to table plane.

Another topic is marked as "resolved" so i will have this one with unresolved status.

I see no answer from Dell about this issue. 

I see still (!!!!!) no proper Realtek driver on Dell Drivers Download page (i refer to issue when media stop playing and you need to restart your system), the proper driver version (10.0.17763.1) was found just thanks to users answers in this forum.

Dell is a great company with great products, but i am embarassed about their customer support nd quality.

My laptop cost was 2800$, this is really big money for gadget, and this is what we get.

2 Posts

April 26th, 2019 10:00

I have the same issue and also have tried each of the suggestions given by other users. My device is unusable at times for two-minute increments, and sometimes restarting does not even temporarily fix the phantom clicks. The cursor has even highlighted and deleted text I was writing on its own. Every time it starts freaking out I have to just sit there and simply hope that it doesn't close out of my work or click on something I don't want it to. It is extremely frustrating to see that a solution for (or even an acknowledgement of) the problem has been given by Dell.

I have had horrible experiences with Dell Customer Service in the past (It took me 5+ hours on the phone over the course of several weeks to get a replacement device when my touchscreen stopped working two weeks after I received it, them insisting it was a software issue when I knew it was a hardware issue all along). I don't have the time or energy to go through such a process again.

April 27th, 2019 02:00

Dell is a great company but when it comes to services it makes me wonder. . ..  

September 12th, 2019 05:00

I have owned this laptop for over a year and I am still experiencing this.  I have yet to send it in for repair due to my daily necessity of it for work.  In addition, those who have done so, don't seem to have their issues completely resolved.

This is inexcusable.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

September 12th, 2019 06:00

Hi @AlexStud99 thanks for reaching out to us. As you have been having this issue for over a year, have you contacted tech support at any point for more investigative troubleshooting?

Can you help me out with some more details regarding this issue please - 

a) Are you running the latest BIOS on the system?
b) Are you running the latest graphics drivers on the system?
c) Are you running the latest version of Windows on the system?
d) How often does this touchpad freezing occur?
e) If you connect and use an external mouse, do you still get problems with the touchpad freezing?
f) If you leave the system running the ePSA diagnostics (Hold down the Fn key and power on the system) does the touchpad freeze during the diagnostics?
g) Do the touchpad buttons function correctly or or is it just the touchpad / cursor that you have the problems with?
h) Do you have the option to disable panel self refresh from the Intel graphics options?

Right-click on the desktop and open Intel Graphics Settings.
Click on Power
Then for each Plan (select them using the drop down menu) disable Panel Self Refresh.
Ensure that for both Plugged In and Battery (left hand side list) the Plan selected has Panel Self Refresh disabled.

Apply the changes to the settings.

Alan

September 12th, 2019 11:00

Hi, Alan!

Thank you for your support.  Below are the answers to your questions:

a) Are you running the latest BIOS on the system?  
b) Are you running the latest graphics drivers on the system?  Yes.  SupportAssist running weekly and always updating.
c) Are you running the latest version of Windows on the system?  Yes.  SupportAssist running weekly and always updating.
d) How often does this touchpad freezing occur?  2-3 times a week depending on usage.
e) If you connect and use an external mouse, do you still get problems with the touchpad freezing?  No issues at all when using external mice.
f) If you leave the system running the ePSA diagnostics (Hold down the Fn key and power on the system) does the touchpad freeze during the diagnostics?  Will run it and will report it.
g) Do the touchpad buttons function correctly or or is it just the touchpad / cursor that you have the problems with?  It seems to be receiving phantom touches and clicks.  When nothing is touching it, you can see the cursor moving all over the place and clicks occuring.  This issue occurs on battery power or when plugged in.
h) Do you have the option to disable panel self refresh from the Intel graphics options?  Yes.  Enabled for both Battery and Plugged In.  

Thanks again Alan for assisting!

Regards,

Alex Karol

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

September 13th, 2019 03:00

@AlexStud99 thanks for the detailed responses.

With the system fully up to date with drivers and BIOS that can eliminate those from the main troubleshooting although we may come back to the graphics drivers. 

Can you try disabling the panel self refresh for both power plans and test it for another week to see if the issue returns.

I'll drop you a private message to get your service tag details.

Alan

No Events found!