Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

January 24th, 2021 19:00

XPS Wont connect to wifi

I'm freaking out! Tomorrow my semester starts and I'm trying to use my brand new XPS 13. Last week Dell had me install some new driver because I kept getting the black screen just randomly pop up while I was working. Not only did that still happen twice to me yesterday, but now it won't connect to any wifi at all. I'm currently on my phone using the same wifi I'm trying to connect to, but my laptop is showing that it won't connect. I ran the troubleshoot and it says "The Killer wi-fi 6 AX500-DBS Wireless Network Adapter adapter is experiencing driver or harsware-related problems" and "not fixed" and shows a large red X. I bought this laptop in December, and have only used it a handful of times since it was meant for school. Now I'm getting ready to actually use it and I don't even think I want it anymore if I paid almost $2000 for a laptop that has only given me problems. Please tell me how to fix this so I can connect to wifi and attend college!!

• 

25.7K Posts

January 24th, 2021 19:00

We have replied to you via private message. Please check and respond. 

February 24th, 2021 08:00

Hi Shylf

Sorry to hear you too are having the same problem as quite a few of us.  Have a look at the following community message, If you are able to change channels on your wifi router then the possible solutions down near the end of the posts might help you.  Good luck and please update on progress. Add your name to the list and click the same problem at the top, the more known "sufferers" might mean Dell or QualComm (Killer) put a bit more focus on resolution.

Search for: XPS 13 9310 WiFi randomly shuts down (AX500-DBS)

16 Posts

March 6th, 2021 04:00

Mr Moderator would you provide a PM to as well?

I have the same problem as everyone else - wifi fails after the machine sits idle for a period of time.  It is not related to sleep or hibernation status.  Quite reproducibly after sitting overnight the wifi connectivity will fail.  The device manager shows an exclamation point next to the driver for the AX500 card and the driver reports Code 10.  A hot restart does not re-initialize the card but a full shut down and restart always restores service - for a while.

Bios, Windows 10 version and Qualcomm driver are the latest available.  I have twice contacted Dell Basic support services and the best they are able offer is for me to pay $99 to have a one-on-one session with an advisor.  This appears to be common problem related to the AX500 card and/or its driver.  Dell seems to want to blame Microsoft. 

This machine is 2 months old!  It has exhibited this problem since the first week.  Why I didn't return it immediately I don't know - I suppose I didn't think the problem would be so difficult to solve or that Dell would be so unhelpful. Now, even though Dell supposedly warrantees the machine for a 1 year, it apparently cannot be fixed and I am stuck with it.

1 Message

March 22nd, 2021 10:00

I am having the same issue. The wifi logo has disappeared completely from the network & internet page. On troubleshooting, the error message says that the killer wifi has a driver or hardware issue. When trying to update driver via device manager, it says the latest driver is installed, but shows a error symbol (yellow triangle with exclamation) on the killer wifi. Please help.

1 Message

July 16th, 2021 21:00

I have the same problem.  I just bought XPS 13 and started to set up last night and wifi cannot be conntected today.  Please tell me how to fix.

No Events found!