Start a Conversation

Unsolved

DL

1 Message

March 24th, 2019 17:00

XPS & TB 16 DOCKING STATION ISSUES With Lid Closing

So, I have XPS 13 and now 2 TB16 docking stations. 1 at work, was working fine. 2nd at home won't work when I close the lid.

If I close it the system will shut down and come back on and if it click on anything the system will restart again.

I've done the manual install here:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/bm/en/bmbsdt1/sln304347/dell-thunderbolt-dock-tb16-driver-installation-guide?lang=en

Dell commmand update is up to date.

I've adjusted the power setting to stay on when the lid is down.

Any help would be encouraging, I got the 2nd doc to replace a WD15 that wouldn't stay powered on with all the peripherals plugged in (2 monitors, keyboard, mouse and headphone :smileysad:).

9.4K Posts

March 26th, 2019 06:00

Hi Dan Lipscomb,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Have you run the systems diagnostics on the computer yet?  Please run Dell SupportAssist, make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If no errors are seen, then it could indicate either a software or driver issue. 

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Use and Troubleshoot Dell Thunderbolt Dock TB16

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!