Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 9th, 2018 14:00

XPS l702X driver stopped and recover.

Intel HD 3000 driver install and NVidia geforce gtx 555m drivers from dell OEM and screen is fine but when i open the web browser, firefox or chrome, the screen show small blocks the whole screen and the screen black out and refresh all fine and black out again and every time an error popups: "Display driver Intel graphics accelerator drivers for windows 7(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered" and my laptop freezes and restarts. Is there any way I can fix this problem? Please help to solve the problem soon.

Thank you

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

September 9th, 2018 14:00

Run a screen diagnostic (hold D through powerup).  If it shows the same fault, the screen needs to be replaced.

If it doesn't, remove the nVidia driver and run the system with just the Windows driver.  If that solves the problem, the GPU is bad.  That will require a mainboard replacement to repair.

2 Posts

September 11th, 2018 00:00

I have run the screen and all is fine. I have removed the Nvidia driver and still the same. More blocks and screen black out and refresh fine and black out again and refresh with small colored blocks and it does this 4 to 5 times and then the laptop freezes. When i install the Nvidia driver with standard windows 7 intel driver all is fine and working. But as soon as i install the intel driver 3000 from Dell the screen goes all crazy

No Events found!