Start a Conversation

Unsolved

RT

7 Posts

February 2nd, 2020 23:00

XPS13 7390 2in1 with DA300 hdmi output

I recently bought an xps13 7390 2in1 notebook.  This is usb-c DP1.4 video output notebook. I connect xps13 7390 to Dell DA300. Hdmi output from DA300  is connected to an external monitor U2718Q. I constantly get Blue screen of death with the following message. Stop code:System service exception. What failed:igdkmdn64.sys. I have updated the xps13 to the latest bios 1.1.13, latest video driver 26.20.100.7463 from Dell website. However if I connect the DP output from DA300 to the monitor, the connection is working fine. I suspect it is the video driver. From Intel website, the latest video driver is 26.20.100.7755. I was not able to install this driver from Intel as it was block before installation could complete. I was referred back to manufacturer website for the latest video driver. Anyone encounter this problem and has a solution? Thank you.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2020 01:00

I have the same problem and I ve done the same steps. 

1 Message

February 3rd, 2020 04:00

I had the same problem starting this morning. I managed to resolve it by force installing the latest Intel graphics drivers. Download and extract driver 26.20.100.7755 (from another website), go to properties of Intel Iris Plus Graphics, select update driver, browse computer, pick from a list, have disk, browse, graphics folder of driver file, igcc_dch.inf, and next to install.

1 Message

February 4th, 2020 23:00

I also have had this issue and taken the same steps. 3 hours on the phone to windows support got me nowhere, even after a windows reinstall. It all seemed to start from an update over the weekend (1st/2nd Feb 2020) because prior to that I connected my monitor with no issue at all.

February 9th, 2020 23:00

Hi Mara0204, the Intel graphics driver download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29335/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers only has igfx_win10_100.7755.exe or .zip file. From device manager, I am not able to update the driver manually with .exe file. With a extracted zip file, there is an autorun.inf file. However I am not able to run this as well.  I am not incline to download the driver from other website due to virus issue. Probably has to wait for Dell to release this version 7755 driver. Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 10th, 2020 07:00

You don't use an autorun.inf file to install a driver.  You'd need the actual driver INF file to perform the manual install described above, and the process above actually named the specific INF file to select.

February 10th, 2020 17:00

Hi Jphughan, thanks for info. FAQ on win10 DCH driver under install and upgrade https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html 

"Can I do ‘INF/Have-disk installation’ for the graphics Windows DCH Driver?

No. This method bypasses the Intel installer, which is designed to install the new DCH graphics drivers. Doing this can result in minor to catastrophic issues on your system and system instability. "

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 10th, 2020 18:00

@ronnie tan  I'm pretty sure that's a standard warning on Intel drivers, not just the DCH versions, but if you don't want to try that route even though someone above confirmed that it resolves the issue, your next best bet is to uninstall your current drivers and see if you can download an older driver that doesn't have this problem.  If you go to support.dell.com, you can select a driver and click "View older versions" to see what's available.  But the risk there is that Windows Update or Dell Update might just install a newer version again as already happened.  Or of course just wait for a new driver release that will hopefully fix it.

February 10th, 2020 22:00

@jphughanI have tried with earlier version of graphics driver Intel-UHD-Graphics-Driver_8N3M2_WIN_25.20.100.7102_A02 from Dell with the same problem. Thanks

1 Message

February 12th, 2020 17:00

Hi. Any updates. Also have a new XLS 13 2 in 1. Updates overnight and now any connection to an external monitor shuts it down. This is the only forum that is discussing errors with “igdkmdn64.sys” as opposed to most others discussing igdkmd64.sys. I’ve tried uninstalling the updates from last night in safe mode. No changes. Updating the driver from intel causes an error saying the manufacturer won’t allow the install. Any updates please?

February 24th, 2020 19:00

@ronnie tan  After support discussion with Dell-cares, we traced the issue to conflict with Intel Graphics Command Centre. The version I have was 1.100.2285.0. After uninstalling this from settings, apps, intel graphics command centre and reinstalling that from Microsoft Apps Store to ver 1.100.2682.0, the bsod issue with DA300 hdmi was resolved. Take note to create a restore point when doing this so you could revert back to your old system settings if you encounter other issue.

No Events found!