Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

May 7th, 2019 10:00

XPS15 9560 DA300 no HDMI

I have an XPS 15, 9560 and have been using a DA300 to connect network, one USB3.0 and one HDMI for a second external monitor.  Everything was working fine for the past couple of months and now all of a sudden I have an intermittent laptop screen and the HDMI output through the USB-C isn't working, while the network and USB are working fine.

What I have tried so far:

1.  Unplug and wait 20 secs and plugging the HDMI cable back into the DA300.

2.  Rebooted

3.  The display properties doesn't even detect the other monitor.

4.  Connected a different USB (iHome) but the USB-C isn't recognizing the monitor.

5.  Reduce the power output of my wireless, even turned off the wireless.

Nothing has helped.  Any ideas?  I will be trying the DA300 on another computer tonight, but I am not overly confident

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

May 7th, 2019 11:00

My first suggestion was going to be testing the DA300 on another system or testing your system's USB-C output through some other means, such as a USB-C to DisplayPort/HDMI cable so that you're not going through the DA300.  Either of those tests should help narrow down underlying cause, and it sounds like that's where you're already headed.  But there's nothing you should have to configure about the DA300 that would account for this behavior.  You just need functioning hardware and the appropriate video drivers installed.

11 Posts

June 21st, 2021 02:00

I've been using the DA200 for a number of years now on my XPS15(9560).

I run 2 x 24inch FHD screens with the laptop screen off (1 on the HDMI output port on the laptop, 1 on the DA200 HDMI output port).

Upgraded to the DA300, and the HDMI output port on the DA300 doesn't seem to work, only the HDMI from the laptop will show images.

I've tried the DA300 HDMI output to a TV, and it works, but this is without connecting the laptop HDMI output to anything.

I haven't got a DP cable to test, but both my monitors have DP inputs.

Can anyone confirm that the DA300 allows the HDMI output AND the laptop HDMI output at the same time?

No Events found!