Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

5 Posts

December 29th, 2018 05:00

XPS 13 9370, LCD firmware update fails

Hi, yesterday I tried to install the last lcd firmware update from dell website, but something went wrong. Now the lcd is black, the PC is still running well if I connect it to external monitor. Someone could help me? The led blinks 2 amber 7 white to indicate lcd fail.

2 Posts

January 1st, 2019 07:00

HI It is worth trying to uninstall the update and see fi that corrects the issue. To do this connect to an external monitor open the action centre (the text icon on the bottom right hand corner) select ALL SETTINGS select UPDATES & SECURITY select VIEW Updates uninstall the last driver and then restart

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 1st, 2019 11:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

Did the screen go black right after the update?  Did you get any error message after the update?

Disconnect the power cord, press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Connect the power cord back in & start the computer by holding down the D key & check if the self-test comes on.

You can try the steps suggested by PGPMAS & check if that helps. If the issue persists, I will have this escalated.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find service tag.

5 Posts

January 1st, 2019 23:00

Hi thank you for helping me, unfortunately I already tried to uninstall all updates, but situation didn’t change.

5 Posts

January 2nd, 2019 00:00

Hi, thank you, the screen went black after restart just after firmware installing. I did what you suggested, but without results.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2019 05:00

I will be glad to investigate & have this escalated. Please share the service tag along with the registered name & email address on a private message.

5 Posts

January 2nd, 2019 07:00

I sent you a private message as you asked me. Many thanks. Nicola

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2019 08:00

I have responded to your private message. Kindly check.

4 Posts

January 26th, 2019 07:00

Hi SreejithR, Currently I'm having the same issues after updating the lcd firmware in folder 9370 - > B133ZANxxxx Appreciate your urgent help since the lcd are totally blank and I even can't see anything when I press Ctrl+Esc. Thank you

5 Posts

January 29th, 2019 08:00

This issue should be fix ASAP, I run into same issue.  Possible solution is to upload a working lcd firmware to flash it over the fail one 

5 Posts

February 20th, 2019 13:00

Please has your issue been solved 

December 1st, 2019 10:00

Hi,

I ran in the same problem.

My guess the update software provided the wrong firmware and now I have a black internal screen while the external monitor is still working.

Have anyone gotten the correct firmware for my xps 13 9370 FHD?

Can it please be provided?

The internal monitor is named: SHP1484.

Thanks

No Events found!