Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 23rd, 2018 03:00

cannot connect dell xps 13 9370 to external monitor

Hi, I have tried to connect my XPS 13 inches 9370 to an external monitor using an HDM + dongle (HDMI to USB C) cable but it does not work.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

May 23rd, 2018 05:00

Suggestions:

- Check whether the display is detected in Windows Display Settings or Intel Graphics Control Panel even if it's not displaying an image.
- Have you tried using that adapter and cable to connect to another HDMI display (or TV)?
- Have you tried connecting that display with another HDMI cable and/or adapter?
- Have you tried just using that HDMI cable successfully somewhere else just to verify that piece?
- Have you tried all 4 USB-C ports on the 9370?  All of them support video output so this shouldn't matter, but it would be good to know.

Basically you have 5 variables at play here: the XPS, the USB-C connector you're using, the USB-C to HDMI adapter, the cable, and the display.  You need to start isolating variables in order to figure out where the problem is, and the way you do that is by running tests such as I described above to establish which components are good and therefore which may be faulty.

1 Message

June 2nd, 2020 16:00

I am having the same problem, were you able to solve it? 

2 Posts

June 6th, 2020 03:00

I have exactly the same problem with mine, tried all kinds of adapters and cables updated so and bios and I'm just not getting it up and running to another display any suggestions?

Pete

2 Posts

June 6th, 2020 03:00

The ports works with a dell da300 for Lan connection and USB sticks mouses etc

No Events found!