Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

April 29th, 2020 18:00

dell xps 13 9300 2020 bluetooth issues

im having an issue with my new laptop where bluetooth will disconnect and when i go through windows settings it thinks i dont have a bluetooth card at all. once i restart it ends up working again. happens atleast once a day. has anyone else have had this issue? laptop is brand new and i already had to wipe it once and reinstall windows for other issues.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 29th, 2020 20:00

Well, the Bluetooth works fine on mine.

I've connected 2 different BT mice , and they both paired normally and work fine.

1 Message

April 29th, 2020 23:00

I have a same issues here in this morning.

my bluetooth is completely gone and I have no idea where this problem come from.

I try to fix it by re-installed the bluetooth driver and it works!  ...but just temporary.

in 2 hours later, my bluetooth is gone once again.  and now I think i'm in infinity loop of re-install bluetooth driver 

37 Posts

May 1st, 2020 13:00

I am having the same issue. It began after the bluetooth driver updated two days ago.

4 Posts

June 5th, 2020 01:00

Same problem here.

Worked fine until a week ago.

Since then, BT randomly discconects and BT Mouse and keyboard stops working.

Windows doesn't find any BT card and restart is required.

PLEASE SOLVE THIS

1 Message

June 8th, 2020 19:00

Same problem here. Whenever I detach the power, bluetooth goes missing and CANNOT be turned back on. Restart solves the problem sometimes.

Very annoying, please fix.

June 11th, 2020 16:00

I have the same issue. The Bluetooth icon in the taskbar also disappears as well. It happens once a day or one other day. Please solve this issue. Very annoying. 

4 Posts

June 17th, 2020 02:00

I restored previous drivers from Windows Device Manager - BT and wifi. Seems that works.

16 Posts

June 25th, 2020 09:00

Same issue.  Mine SEEMS to happen when the laptop is on battery and hits the low battery percent level.  The Bluetooth disappears and takes a reboot to get it back.  The driver is from Intel, version 21.70.0.3, dated 12/30/19.

16 Posts

June 25th, 2020 10:00

Did find a newer Intel driver version 21.90.2 I think it is.  Still do not see a way to stop the computer from turning off the BT to save battery.  I had seen that mentioned somewhere.

6 Posts

June 30th, 2020 08:00

I am seeing exactly the same issue,

Leave the laptop on AC and use throughout the day with bluetooth, after serveral hours it will disconnect all BT Devices and the BT Driver is gone from Device Manager.

Restarting the laptop instantly resolves the issue for it to then cut out again a few hours later

16 Posts

June 30th, 2020 08:00

Have not had any further Bluetooth issues since upgrading to this driver version.

1 Message

July 1st, 2020 04:00

Obviously, the reason reason is the "intelligent" power management. This can be switched of in Device manager - Intel Wireless Bluetooth - Properties - Powermanagement: turn off the "Allow the computer to turn off thies device to save power"

According to some users, this is not possible anymore in Windows 10 version 2004 update, so do not update to that version until Dell has addressed this!

Currently I am testing the newer 21.90.2.1 driver from Intel (Dell doeas not update to that version automatically - in Dell Update or through their drivers webpage, they stay on 21.70.X)

6 Posts

July 1st, 2020 08:00

I've also not had the issue since running the Laptop with the lid open so I wonder if overheating was a cause?

Previously I was using it with a BT Keyboard + Mouse + Display so the laptop was shut.

It was always running under AC Power so I do not think power-management caused the issue.

16 Posts

July 2nd, 2020 08:00

Will say again that the latest Intel Bluetooth driver seems to have fixed my issues,  No "lost Bluetooth" for about a week now.   Intel driver version 21.90.2 

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

July 2nd, 2020 08:00

Somehow, I missed this thread when working with Dell.  I sent mine back for repair, and they changed the entire mainboard to no avail.  I just got my laptop back, and the BT went out again after 2 Days!  

No Events found!