Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2019 07:00

dell xps 9570 stuck on black screen - needs twice reboot for windows

In the morning when I turn on my XPS 9570 stuck on black screen but the keyboard light are on, then I hold on power button for 10 to 15 seconds to force turn off, after that I press power button it turn on normally without any problem. 
note: I update OS(windows 10 Home) and all the drivers , but the problem is still persist 
then I did windows reset and hard reset and problem still persist
then I updated BIOS to 1.13.0 but unfortunately the problem still exist.
please any help? 

380 Posts

December 9th, 2019 21:00

There is a known issue with one of the later versions of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and a Dell BIOS.  See if there is a later version of this driver for your system which may fix the issue. Else a temporary fix is to turn off "Fast Startup".

JohnD

23 Posts

December 9th, 2019 09:00

Yep...I'm getting the same (or very similar) issue: after a Windows update is applied overnight, I'll arrive to find my XPS 15 9560 sitting at the Dell logo screen with the little progress wheel animated below it. I can wait for hours and it will never complete. However if I hold the power button down for about 15 secs until the machine is forced all the way off, I can then tap the power button once more and it starts up and finishes the post-update reboot normally.

BTW: this laptop is in the Windows Insider program, and the current Windows 10 ver on the machine is 10.0.19033.1

No Events found!