Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

16 Posts

October 8th, 2018 05:00

dell xps 9575 bios update

well as usual the dell support assist sent me a notification for the new available  drivers to download . two of the updates got downloaded and installed but the bios update when it starts getting installed  shows a message saying installation failed can anyone help me??

9.4K Posts

October 9th, 2018 10:00

Hi alekei,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that you are having difficulty with a BIOS driver update.

Were you having difficulties with your system? or were you installing the update because it was new?  Normally it's not recommended to update the BIOS unless there is a problem with the system.

Please run a hardware diagnostics by running Dell SupportAssist.  Make a note of any error messages and post back.

Here is some information from the Dell Knowledge base you may find helpful:

What is BIOS and How to Update the BIOS on Your Dell System

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

16 Posts

October 16th, 2018 12:00

i was installing BIOS because it is new . No so far i am not facing any system problems neither difficulties with my system. I tried downloading he updte form dells site and installing it on my own but the file does not respond. Check the picture below to understand my problemprintscreen.png

16 Posts

October 16th, 2018 13:00

printscreen.png

No Events found!