Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

December 30th, 2018 14:00

product key is missing on new xps

I can't find the product key for my new XPS, where do I find it?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 30th, 2018 16:00

Do you mean the Windows 10 key or the Dell service tag? The Windows 10 key is locked into the BIOS. There is not a sticker with the key and has not been for some time now.

For the Dell service tag number, if you do not see it on the bottom of the laptop.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/ca/en/cabsdt1/sln268357/how-to-locate-system-service-tag-using-command-prompt?lang=en

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

December 30th, 2018 21:00

Most Windows 10 PCs don’t even have a key in the BIOS anymore. They just have a digital license, which basically means that your system was registered with Microsoft as having a Windows 10 license when it was manufactured, so you can perform a clean install at any time and the system will automatically reactivate when it connects to Microsoft, no key required.

19 Posts

November 22nd, 2019 12:00

I purchased an XPS laptop in November of 2018 and I've been struggling to remove the Activate Windows watermark for months now.  It goes away sometimes for a day or two, and other times for a week or two.  I've tried every method I can find on the internet.  When I run the Activation Troubleshooter, it activates with no problem but only for a little while.  How can I get it to permanently activate so this watermark goes away?

No Events found!