Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

3 Posts

December 23rd, 2018 11:00

what dirve is running

First off I have a G515  This is not listed as an option when I select which laptop I have. Which one is it.  The main question is this. Does the laptop start and run from my HDD? If it does I thought a solid state drive started immediately when I turned my laptop on. Mine doesn't take long but is not immediate. So when this solid state drive gets full does it then start using the mechanical hard drive. I am just ignorant of how this works.  Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2018 15:00

First of all your model is probably the G5 15 5587. When you say start from an HDD, I assume you really mean an SSD correct? Even though it is solid state it is not instant on booting to Windows. Various services and task, programs, etc. are loading so there is a matter of some seconds before Windows has fully loaded. It could be 5- 10 seconds or could be up to 30 seconds or so. And when the SSD is full, programs do not automatically go to the HDD. Basically the SSD should be used for the OS and programs. Pictures, documents, game files, etc. can be installed on the HDD. Also clean up the SSD and be sure to empty the recycle bin.

https://www.windowscentral.com/best-7-ways-free-hard-drive-space-windows-10

No Events found!