Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

25 Posts

March 16th, 2020 19:00

xps 13 (9365) keyboard spacebar unresponsive

i have a 2 year old XPS 13 (9365) that otherwise works well.  I have noticed that over the past few weeks that the right side of the spacebar is only intermittently responsive.  I will have to hit it a few times before it registers a response.  I have read that this is a somewhat common complaint, but was wondering if there are any solutions (besides replacing the keyboard).  I welcome any suggestions.

Regards,

Chris

Houston, TX

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

December 29th, 2020 06:00

I have the same problem with my XPS 13 9365. I just watched a YouTube video about how to repair a Dell spacebar key (youtube.com/watch?v=HsU3HOZUwy4) and for less than $10 ordered the part to repair mine (laptopkeys.com/KeyboardKeys.php/Dell/XPS%2013/9365).

1 Rookie

• 

25 Posts

December 29th, 2020 19:00

Thank you.  I also replaced the space key and it works fine now.

Regards,

Chris

1 Message

May 26th, 2021 11:00

I ordered brand new dell-xps Model is 7390. It had "the sticky" spacebar issue and I had to take it back to Best Buy, where the service personnel just advised to return it and reorder another one. The second one arrived today - with the same issue. I can see the online posts about this issue dating back 2-3 years. I am surprised Dell could not deal with this for all this time. The price on it is over 2000 USD and I am not going to pull it apart to try to fix it myself. Very disappointed. I will just go for another brand. 

1 Message

January 20th, 2024 13:56

Had the same issue on the previous and current XPS13.  It's exceptionally irritating as constantly have to correct my typing. And then when I start hitting down hard with my thumb you end up with an RSI.  As per previous comment - it's an expensive piece of kit to have such a basic issue. 

No Events found!