Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

June 13th, 2020 08:00

xps 15 9575 2-in-1 Unable to detect charger

My laptop running Windows 10 OS stopped detecting AC charger, as illustrated on picture below.

Figure 1Figure 1

Maybe it happed after Windows update, I do not know.

I ran Dell Diagnose tool and got error codes. The latest is listed below on the figure. 

Figure 2Figure 2

I followed procedures listed in 

"How to Troubleshoot AC Adapter Issues" section on Dell website. This being so, I updated BIOS to the latest and also updated all hardware drivers using Dell Update application. Also I apdated BIOS one more time using recommendations in section 

"Forcing a BIOS Update without the AC adapter attached on a Dell Laptop" on Dell website .

My Dell programm and Dell Update showed that my BIOS was uptodate. But It did not help with the problem. 

Finally I tried to search for the error code in  "ePSA, ePSA or PSA Error Codes" section of Dell web site. And as figure below illustrated was not able to locate my specific error.

3.jpg

The light on AC adapter is on when it plugged in to the power supply. Also I made sure the specification of AC adapter is correct with Dell XPS 15 9575 2-in-1 laptop. I am not sure how to solve the problem, could you please recommend me what to do.

Diagnose Tool from Dell shows that battery is fine. But I will try that, thank you.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

It could be the battery has failed especially if it is the original one. Remove it and use the adapter alone to test. Adapter don't usually fail but batteries can fail when they are only 18 to 24 months old sometimes even less than that. The battery meter is not always accurate so don't depend on that. 

If it works with just the charger, use it like that if you cannot find a genuine Dell replacement battery from Dell. Replacement batteries are hard to find and must come from Dell or a trusted Dell parts company. Lots of scams with batteries from unknown sellers.

June 13th, 2020 23:00

I removed the battery, it does not turn on.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 14th, 2020 06:00

One more suggestion.....

Check out the information provided by one of the forum's rock star, hopefully it will be a help to you:

ALERT! The AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. "Tutorial"

https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/ALERT-The-AC-adapter-wattage-and-type-cannot-be-determined-quot/td-p/7357817

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 14th, 2020 06:00

I suspect Battery is fine. According to your images, the AC adapter isn't being detected.

Keep in mind, when adapter isn't detected, computer will continue to received power but will not charge battery.

If the computer is sitting on some type of docking station, check out the information in link below.

AC Adapter Errors or Battery not charging when docking Dell Notebooks

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln151913/ac-adapter-errors-or-battery-not-charging-when-docking-dell-notebooks?lang=en

If computer isn't on a docking station, I suggest trying a different adapter with same specification to see if computer detect it. If a different adapter doesn't charge the battery, I suspect DC Jack could be damage and needs replacement.

Lastly, check out the troubleshooting steps in link below:

https://youtu.be/2KNgJgxZS9Q

2 Posts

June 7th, 2022 14:00

I’m into my third power cord inSide three years , I won’t be using the power cord anymore when using the computer , I think I’ll invest in a dock and only charge when not using the computer , I think they get to hot , I won’t ever buy another dell until they fix this issue or at least lower the price of the power cord roughly 100 bucks aust to buy 

1 Message

March 6th, 2024 09:18

Were you managed to solve this issue?

No Events found!