Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 25th, 2018 07:00

xps 9560 supportassist os recovery

I was trying to do a factory reset and after pressing F12 and select supportassist recovery, my screen get blue color and stays like this for about a minute and after that the laptop shuts down. So I'm not able to restore to factory defaults. My SSD has all the partiotions that came with. I can explore with some software the hidden partitions with the recovery image and everything looks like in place. Can anyone help me, without recovery tool that will download an image from internet and delete all the partitions?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

September 26th, 2018 07:00

Hi BogdanBBO,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

SupportAssist OS Recovery starts automatically when your computer fails to start the operating system after repeated attempts. If necessary, you can also manually start SupportAssist OS Recovery.

Here is information you may find helpful:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

24 Posts

September 27th, 2018 19:00

I managed to fix myself this issue. I disabled secure boot and SupportAssist Recovery OS started normally after pressing F12 key. After restoring to factory condition I reenabled secure boot. Now everything went back to normal.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2018 11:00

Same problem here. What did u do exactly?

24 Posts

November 1st, 2018 11:00

First of all, check if you have all the original partitions!

I dissabled secure boot in Bios.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2018 21:00

All the partitions are there. if i select reset this Pc from windows and choose factory image reset, it works. if i press F12 and select supportassist recovery, screen get blue color and stays like this and shut down. what will i do. also i dissabled secure boot.

24 Posts

November 4th, 2018 00:00

do you have a clone image of the entire ssd?

No Events found!