Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SR

13 Posts

February 19th, 2019 15:00

xps l502 x connected to tv , screen turns solid green

Processor 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)
[317-8378]
Memory 8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
[317-6415
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus
[320-2118]
Hard Drive 750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
[342-2370]

Good evening everyone.

I own xps L502x laptop for past 7 years, i recently connected it to SONY XBR 900E 4K tv through HDMI port (Rocketfish 4 k Ultra HD cable ).

I have this laptop hooked to my tv because i to-rrent movies and tv shows and use this laptop just to play 1080p content but since i want to watch it on big screen and Sony xbr has 4k up scaling so the movies look great but recently i have been experiencing one single problem.

Sometimes while playing or if i switch to Mozilla or right after i play a movie, 1 out of 3 times, the TV screen turns into solid color mostly green or i see a blur and screen is irresponsive.

Please note i only use this laptop just to watch movies and TV shows purely, nothing else other than a little bit of internet surfing like emails or websites.

Please advise because apparently no one in world has found a solution to this even when i checked Dell page.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

February 19th, 2019 16:00

Try the following page. It is an HP forum but the problem is similar. Also try another HDMI cable. However it is possible that the GPU is starting to have problems. Restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run full diagnostics paying attention to the GPU results.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/my-TV-screen-goes-green-when-i-use-HDMI-to-connect-it-with/td-p/6584706

13 Posts

February 20th, 2019 13:00

Thank you JOcean for reaching back, i have already switched HDMI cable twice so the problem is definitely not with the HDMI cable.

I was wondering would it make any difference if i used Display port to HDMI cable.

In past i have ran the F12 diagnostics, but everything checks out but when you said pay attention to GPU results, is there something specific i am looking for ?

Also if the worse things considered, the GPU did start to give the problems, what would be the next best solution for this.

Video Card Nvidia GeForce GT 525M 1GB graphics with optimus

Please advise

July 5th, 2019 04:00

I am having a similar issue AFTER a re-install all was fine before and now original driver is no longer compatable !? screen turns green if I switch screen WHILE video is playing if on desktop its fine, am I right in thinking this could be a DRIVER issue or software problem ?
No Events found!