Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

4 Posts

April 16th, 2022 06:00

yahoo mail

Yahoo mail is extremely difficult to load with my Dell XPS.  Works on all of my other devices.  I noticed an old thread from 2020 where another user had the same issue and was assured this would be fixed.  It wasn't.  He said the issue was killer WiFi or something like that and that he had to switch to intel.  I'm not as fluent in all this and don't think I need to be to check my email from a computer I bought.  It's been 2 years since the issue has been brought up.  Please fix this.

4 Posts

To reiterate I only have issues with yahoo mail.  And only on my shiny new Dell.  My HP from 6 years ago gets on it in seconds.  So does my iPhone.  

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

The question is, do any other websites or applications behave similarly?  If they do, it could be a wifi issue.  If they do not, it could well be a problem with Yahoo -- particularly if you have a relatively limited bandwidth Internet connection.  Given all the adware/popups/junk that Yahoo Mail loads both inside and external to itself, that could be the cause.  It's particularly bad on phone/tablet systems, since you end up having to wait for all the junk to load before you ever see your inbox.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

April 16th, 2022 10:00

Are you using an email client, or web access?

If the system has McAfee on it, try uninstalling that -- it very often imposes a proxy server that can interfere with some websites.

4 Posts

April 16th, 2022 12:00

I’m accessing it through the web interface and I uninstalled McAfee in hopes it would fix the issue a while ago.  No luck.  

2 Posts

June 20th, 2022 10:00

Having the same problem.  happens on all browsers even with McAfee turned off.  Can someone elaborate on this Killer wifi issue?  Also happens on All of my new XP{S machines. 1 DT and 2 LT.  

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

June 20th, 2022 13:00

Open Killer Networking center  / Killer control center 

and disable all enhancements

XPS_Man_0-1655756896514.png

2 Posts

June 21st, 2022 08:00

I was able to get to yahoo mail by turning Prioritization Engine off in the Killer wifi app. Works every time.

4 Posts

July 3rd, 2022 04:00

It worked for a while and I thought it was solved.  Sadly, I'm back to having issues again.  I think I'm washing my hands of Dell.

1 Message

July 25th, 2022 14:00

Thank you! Ever since I got my XPS my yahoo email has been giving me "no internet connection" messages when I did have an internet connection. It was the only website that was giving me problems. Un-checking the Prioritization Engine to "off" in the Killer Intelligence Center (which I hadn't realized was on my computer) instantly fixed the problem.  Thanks again for the information.

No Events found!