Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2016 17:00

Changing SC IP's in a Multi-Brick setup

Hello,

The process in the guides for changing the SC IP's only ever shows illustrations with sc-id's equal to 1 and 2 - and thus only ever shows a change on the first 2 storage controllers in the cluster. Since the index of the SC's in a multi-brick cluster are all 1 and 2 only, how would someone change the IP's of all SC's in something like a dual or quad brick setup given the CLI arguments?

Not sure if I am missing something in the documents or if it is documented poorly, would the SC-ID's just increment, so SC-ID=3 means X2-N1-SC1?

It refers to "One from Group 1" but gives no explanation of what that means so I am hoping someone can clarify as the documents are tough to interpret and I'd like to potentially do this on a quad-brick cluster.

Thanks

64 Posts

January 20th, 2016 00:00

The ID you need to pass is the "index" value that you can see when running "show-storage-controllers", which will be 1 through 4 on a dual brick.

I suspect that these will always be in order (ie, index 3 will be X2-SC1, index 4 will be X2-SC2), but I would suggest always running show-storage-controllers to be sure before making any changes.

Also, if you're planning to change IPs as a part of a relocation/shutdown of the array please open a call with support as there is a specific order you need to follow in terms of the changes.

522 Posts

January 20th, 2016 04:00

Thanks scotthoward - I appreciate the validation.

No Events found!