echolaughmk
3 Silver

Renaming RP CG's in XMS

Jump to solution

Any issues with renaming the auto-created CG's in the XMS GUI when RecoverPoint is involved? I am assuming the answer is no since it provide the option in the GUI, but curious if it will adversely affect any cleanup or recovery activities that might be dependent on the initial CG name.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Avi3
3 Silver

Re: Renaming RP CG's in XMS

Jump to solution

You can go ahead and rename the consistency groups on the XtremIO side – if having the same name was important, we would not have allowed you to change it

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Avi3
3 Silver

Jump to solution

You can go ahead and rename the consistency groups on the XtremIO side – if having the same name was important, we would not have allowed you to change it

0 Kudos
echolaughmk
3 Silver

Jump to solution

haha...thanks. I figured...but in my many years doing this I have seen otherwise so never hurts to check. Thanks for the validation! What would be nice is if it could inherit the CG name from RP that was created or have an option to push that through in the RP GUI when creating CG's....in case you are taking enhancement requests

0 Kudos
Avi3
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Agreed – never hurts to check!

And thanks for the feedback – I will pass it on to the relevant product managers.

0 Kudos
echolaughmk
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Avi,

I wanted to re-visit this thread since upgrading to RP 4.4 and XtremIO 4.0.2 where logging in as the local admin user to the GUI produces an error trying to rename the CG's because they are owned by the rp_user - is this expected in these new versions to be locked down? I haven't seen anything documented in this area so wanted to check. This had worked previously with RP 4.1.2 and 4.0.1 code.

Thanks for your help.

-Keith

0 Kudos
Avi3
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Just so that I understand this right – are you trying to rename the consistency group created through RecoverPoint in the XtremIO GUI (when you are logged in as local admin)?

0 Kudos
echolaughmk
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Correct...in the XtremIO GUI. This error is new since the upgrades.

0 Kudos
echolaughmk
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Hi Avi,

Just checking in to see if you happened to have an update on this?

thanks!

-Keith

0 Kudos
Avi3
3 Silver

Jump to solution

No updates yet, I am following up with R&D and will provide an update as soon as I have it.

0 Kudos
echolaughmk
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Great...thanks. Look forward to the answer.

0 Kudos