Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 26th, 2016 21:00

XtremIO to XtremIO migration options

Hi,

Let's take all host based options off the table (LVM, PPME, ASM, OM, Backup/Restore ..etc).  Let's pretend that my entire environment consists of two XtremIO arrays and that's it. No RecoverPoint, no VPLEX ..no nothing.  I need to migrate a physical server from one XtremIO to another, what are my options ?  Could i use vRPA since my iSCSI ports are not in-use ?  Again this is for migration only, not for continues replication.

Thank you

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 31st, 2016 17:00

apples and oranges, i am asking for integrated functionality and willing to pay for it.  You don't have to haul a trailer with Bose sound system in it, it's built-in into your Caddi and you paid extra for that upgrade.

727 Posts

January 31st, 2016 19:00

Those are two different ways of providing the replication functionality – one is based on an external appliance and the other is a native feature running on the storage array itself. There are pros and cons of both the approaches and there are customers who see the value in either or both of those replication methodologies.

The features that we deliver for the product is a function of relative priorities and we would be more than happy to share our thoughts and future plans with you, as needed. Of course, that cannot happen in a public forum like this one. Please work with your EMC account teams to get more details on this.

As always, please keep the feedback and comments coming.

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

February 1st, 2016 03:00

It's not a criticism, it's just reality. People's needs change over time and it's right to expect that on premium products, feature parity with competitors will be maintained. In many areas XtremIO is indeed the leader.

EMC should (and do mostly in my experience) take this sort of customer feedback on board, it's the sort of data/insight that can help them stay ahead of the pack.

No Events found!