XPS 15-9570, TB16, USB Type-C, no longer charging
Notebook is about 3 months old, my TB16 dock worked fine since day one but suddenly as of friday a week ago charging no longer works via the TB16 Dock.
- I am running Linux with an option to dual boot into windows.
- Windows behaves the same however
- Same thing happens when in BIOS and just watching the Battery screen
- BIOS will report plugged in and charging but percentage goes down.
- Dock is sometimes detected as 60W (in Bios) first but then switches to 130W quickly - indicates as charging but percentage goes down.
- Tried co-workers TB16 Dock - same thing
- Works fine via barrel plug
What I tried
- Disconnecting the dock for a while
- Booting with/without dock attached
- BIOS battery settings (standard/adaptive/quick charge on/off)
- Holding Dock button for a minute while disconnected from power and notebook
- Checking the plug on the power brick of the docking station - removing and replugging it while dock was running and while it wasn't
As I am running linux by default I am sure that on the day it stopped working I did not do any bios/driver whatever updates.
As it's also not working in Bios it should be OS/driver agnostic.
Any idea what's wrong or what I could do?
The dock works normally apart from that - usb devices and display link monitor are working fine.