coaster101's Posts

coaster101's Posts

I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps installing Windows 7 was the cause of this issue (the timing is about right). I've reinstalled QuickSet but the lights still do not turn on. Is there anyone who... See more...
I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps installing Windows 7 was the cause of this issue (the timing is about right). I've reinstalled QuickSet but the lights still do not turn on. Is there anyone who might have an idea? I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!
Unfortunately that does not work. Any other possibilities? The buttons do not work at all - it's not just the lights.
Today when I turned my computer on I realized that the row of touch-pad like buttons above the keyboard on the right side were not illuminated and did not work. Unfortunately, my wireless internet ad... See more...
Today when I turned my computer on I realized that the row of touch-pad like buttons above the keyboard on the right side were not illuminated and did not work. Unfortunately, my wireless internet adapter is turned off and the wireless/bluetooth key is the only way to turn it on. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I don't even know where to access the settings for this row of keys. I've tried taking the battery out and holding the power button for a minute... that doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This morning I turned on my Dell Dimension 4500 computer and after displaying my video card information (like it always does), and the dell logo, it goes to the standard "We apologize for the inconve... See more...
This morning I turned on my Dell Dimension 4500 computer and after displaying my video card information (like it always does), and the dell logo, it goes to the standard "We apologize for the inconvenience" screen. I have tried all of the available options yet none will get me past the Windows logo page. A blue "screen of death" will appear for a second before the computer will restart itself and the cycle begins all over again. Any ideas on what I could do?
Do you recommend anything specific for file backup? I know there are alot of options to choose from.
Update:   Alright, I've fixed all of the hard drive issues. I used www.recovermyfiles.com and got everything back I needed.   Thanks for all the help!!   I've only got one question, should... See more...
Update:   Alright, I've fixed all of the hard drive issues. I used www.recovermyfiles.com and got everything back I needed.   Thanks for all the help!!   I've only got one question, should I be concerned about all of this happening again? Besides backing my files, are there other steps I can take to prevent this from happening?    
Alright, a jack wasn't pushed in all the way.   You can all laugh now.   Thanks for the help, though.
I downloaded it and it auto-installed, but nothing happened.
I recently reinstalled windows XP on my 4500, and there is no sound.   Sound Devices - Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio   I have had no luck finding drive... See more...
I recently reinstalled windows XP on my 4500, and there is no sound.   Sound Devices - Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio   I have had no luck finding drivers to install (I'm guessing that's the problem)   Any advice?
Alright, I'm going to download the trial Easy Data Recovery from Ontrack, then if I see any files I'll buy the full version.
When I do that, it says that the drive is not formatted and it asks me if I want to. After clicking no, nothing happens it just shows "my computer", like that was the only option.   All I need a... See more...
When I do that, it says that the drive is not formatted and it asks me if I want to. After clicking no, nothing happens it just shows "my computer", like that was the only option.   All I need are my documents, and hopefully they are still on there somewhere...   Thanks again for everybody's help. I really appreciate it.
Alright, I've re-installed windows and the new hard drive, and I inserted the old one into the open bay. I connected it with the grey connector.   The computer recognizes it as disk drive "E", w... See more...
Alright, I've re-installed windows and the new hard drive, and I inserted the old one into the open bay. I connected it with the grey connector.   The computer recognizes it as disk drive "E", when I go to click on it, it asks if I want to format it. When I press OK, it goes on to a window that gives me several options, after pressing ok, it asks if it is sure I want to delete all files/data on the disk.   All I need to recover are "My Documents"   Any suggestions?
Alright, I bought this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5524373&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat107700050004&id=1051826249503   But it's not big enough to fit disks... Will I... See more...
Alright, I bought this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5524373&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat107700050004&id=1051826249503   But it's not big enough to fit disks... Will I have to use the old hard drive for reading disks or can I use an external drive I recently got for burning, etc.   Thanks. (new learner)
Do I need to buy a second cable or anything or will putting it in the second slot work?   Thanks for all the help!
I'm confused, do I connect the new hard drive and reload windows, or do that with the failed drive (I don't think I can do that since I can't get past the blue error screen)
So I would buy it, take the old one out, then how would I go about transferring files from the old hard drive to the new one?
I was recommended here from the CD/DVD devices area. I turned on my computer today to find the blue screen of death stating "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"   I have a Dimension 4500 desktop comp... See more...
I was recommended here from the CD/DVD devices area. I turned on my computer today to find the blue screen of death stating "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"   I have a Dimension 4500 desktop computer   I've tried running the chkdsk /r command and it freezes at 10%   Apparently I need a new hard drive but I'm completely lost here. I don't know which one to buy or how to go about installing it.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could I use this hard drive? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5524373&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat107700050004&id=1051826249503
I turned on my computer today to find the blue screen of death stating "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"   I have a Dimension 4500 desktop computer   I've tried running the chkdsk /r command and i... See more...
I turned on my computer today to find the blue screen of death stating "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"   I have a Dimension 4500 desktop computer   I've tried running the chkdsk /r command and it freezes at 10%   Apparently I need a new hard drive but I'm completely lost here. I don't know which one to buy or how to go about installing it.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could I use this hard drive? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5524373&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat107700050004&id=1051826249503 Message Edited by coaster101 on 06-16-2007 12:44 PM
I recently bought a PCI firewire card, I installed it into a PCI slot on my Dimension 4500 and conntected a power cord to it. I started up the computer, and the screen went black, and a message wa... See more...
I recently bought a PCI firewire card, I installed it into a PCI slot on my Dimension 4500 and conntected a power cord to it. I started up the computer, and the screen went black, and a message was displayed stating that Windows was shut down improperly or something like that and gave me several choices of what to do.   Once I finally got the computer working, it did not recognize the piece had even been installed - the CD that came with it was no help.   Any ideas on what's going on? The card is an Adaptec FireConnect 4300 Thanks. I searched other threads but I could not find a definite answer.