STLTHX's Posts

STLTHX's Posts

You are essentially correct insofar as I have not tested that configuration. I would do the following steps in this order: 1) Disable C1E. 2) Install Hotfix. 3) Disable all C States. Althou... See more...
You are essentially correct insofar as I have not tested that configuration. I would do the following steps in this order: 1) Disable C1E. 2) Install Hotfix. 3) Disable all C States. Although I've done all of the above I would go in order of 1, 2 and then do 3 if 1 & 2 are not fixing the problem.
REYBEAST1 brings up a good point. In addition to disabling C1E and all of the otehr C states make sure to install this KB hotfix. After doing the above my BSOD's disappeared altogether.
It turns out that I had to end-up disabilng all of the C-States in the BIOS. Even after disabling C1E I was still getting BSOD's.
Switch 01# sh run interface range ethernet g(14-16) speed 100 exit interface range ethernet g(14,16) duplex full exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,23-24) switchport mode trunk exit vlan d... See more...
Switch 01# sh run interface range ethernet g(14-16) speed 100 exit interface range ethernet g(14,16) duplex full exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,23-24) switchport mode trunk exit vlan database vlan 10,20,30,40-52 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,23-24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 10 exit interface range ethernet g(11,19) switchport access vlan 20 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,23-24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 20 exit interface range ethernet g(13-16) switchport access vlan 30 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,23-24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 30 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 40 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 41 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 42 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 43 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 44 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 45 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 46 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 47 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 48 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 49 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,23-24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 50 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 51 exit interface range ethernet g(2-8,24) switchport trunk allowed vlan add 52 exit interface vlan 10 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 20 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 30 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 40 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 41 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 42 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 43 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 44 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 45 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 46 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 47 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 48 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 49 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 50 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 51 name xxxxxxxx exit interface vlan 52 name xxxxxxxx exit interface range ethernet g(14-16) no negotiation exit interface vlan 20 ip address 192.168.50.81 255.255.255.0 exit hostname "Switch 01" logging 192.168.50.1  severity debugging no logging console no logging buffered no logging file username admin password xxxxxxxx level 15 encrypted snmp-server community xxxxxxxx ro 192.168.50.1 snmp-server location "xxxxxxxx" snmp-server contact "xxxxxxxx" no ip http server ip https server clock timezone -6 clock summer-time recurring 2 Sun Mar 02:00 first Sun Nov 02:00 no ip domain-lookup Switch 01#
Software Version  2.0.0.40    Boot Version  1.0.2.02    Hardware Version  00.00.02 It should be noted that we are not polling the switches via SNMP, just PING.
We've been experiencing a problem where each of our PowerConnect 5324's will drop offline and become inaccessible to either ping's or Telnet to the switch's management IP address. Yet, the switches... See more...
We've been experiencing a problem where each of our PowerConnect 5324's will drop offline and become inaccessible to either ping's or Telnet to the switch's management IP address. Yet, the switches will still pass traffic. We have SolarWinds' ipMonitor polling each switch periodically so I get the feeling that the switch can't handle this somehow and locks-up. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? The only solution right now is to unplug the switch and plug it back in. This is obviously not ideal as it is highly disruptive. It should be note that we currently have (9) 5324's and it happens to all of them so it feels like a bug in the switch. I can't imagine we're the only ones having this issue.
Looks like I spoke too soon. After disabling the C1E state in the server's BIOS our Dell R710 running Hyper-V R2 on 2008 R2 bluescreened last night. It was about 7 weeks since the last bluescre... See more...
Looks like I spoke too soon. After disabling the C1E state in the server's BIOS our Dell R710 running Hyper-V R2 on 2008 R2 bluescreened last night. It was about 7 weeks since the last bluescreen due to this bug. Is anyone else still seeing bugchecks because of this problem even after disabling C1E in the BIOS?
I just found a possible reason and resolution. Is anyone else experiencing this same problem? http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2009/10/16/hyper-v-hotfix-for-0x00000101-clock-watchdog... See more...
I just found a possible reason and resolution. Is anyone else experiencing this same problem? http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2009/10/16/hyper-v-hotfix-for-0x00000101-clock-watchdog-timeout-on-nehalem-systems.aspx
Is it true that the R710 supports the EFI BIOS? If so, where is this setting to enable or is it enabled by default? Does anyone else have EFI enabled and if so does this server now support boot\s... See more...
Is it true that the R710 supports the EFI BIOS? If so, where is this setting to enable or is it enabled by default? Does anyone else have EFI enabled and if so does this server now support boot\system partitions greater than 2 TB using Windows Server 2008 R2?
I have a brand new server implementation with a R710 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The server has been through two unexplained and random reboots so far. There has been no blue screen of death an... See more...
I have a brand new server implementation with a R710 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The server has been through two unexplained and random reboots so far. There has been no blue screen of death and no bugchecks. This is a simple server installation who's role is simply Hyper-V v2 and that's it. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? All firmware is at the latest. How does one go about troubleshooting a problem such as this? Of course, since Dell OpenManage 6.2 isn't out yet I am unable to perform any sort of diagnostics or log examination. Thanks.
I'm just curious how do you all manage your Dell PowerConnect configs? If a change is made to a switch how do you copy the updated config and to where? Is the process manual or automated? If so, ... See more...
I'm just curious how do you all manage your Dell PowerConnect configs? If a change is made to a switch how do you copy the updated config and to where? Is the process manual or automated? If so, how? Thanks.
I've been perusing the forums here and I am still not sure what the consensus is regarding NLB (Network Load Balancing) and the Dell PowerConnect 5324 switch. My question is this: I want to place t... See more...
I've been perusing the forums here and I am still not sure what the consensus is regarding NLB (Network Load Balancing) and the Dell PowerConnect 5324 switch. My question is this: I want to place two Dell PowerEdge servers in a NLB array using Microsoft's Network Load Balancing. The functionality that I am looking for is for the two 5324 ports to send the same data to the virtual IP's MAC address so that the NLB algorithm can process the request. In addition, what is the procedure(s) to get two ports to forward the same frame to both ports participating in the NLB array?
I've been perusing the forums here and I am still not sure what the consensus is regarding NLB (Network Load Balancing) and the Dell PowerConnect 5324 switch. My question is this: I want to place t... See more...
I've been perusing the forums here and I am still not sure what the consensus is regarding NLB (Network Load Balancing) and the Dell PowerConnect 5324 switch. My question is this: I want to place two Dell PowerEdge servers in a NLB array using Microsoft's Network Load Balancing. The functionality that I am looking for is for the two 5324 ports to send the same data to the virtual IP's MAC address so that the NLB algorithm can process the request. In addition, what is the procedure(s) to get two ports to forward the same frame to both ports participating in the NLB array?