jspangler123's Posts

jspangler123's Posts

Same here. Dell will never again get a penny from me. Worst support ever!
Yes it does. Considering that it took a whole lot of bad press to give us the software they using as a selling point, I don't think it will happen though. The fact that they just cut the price in hal... See more...
Yes it does. Considering that it took a whole lot of bad press to give us the software they using as a selling point, I don't think it will happen though. The fact that they just cut the price in half also supports this. This is absolutely the last Dell product I ever buy. It ***, because I really wanted to get an XPS 15.
KBWELLS WROTE THE FOLLOWING POST AT 9 MAY 2015 9:04 AM: Installed 5.0.2 on my 7840, used to have 1 "home" screen and 4 other screens to store apps on, Now I only have 1 "home" screen with no other ... See more...
KBWELLS WROTE THE FOLLOWING POST AT 9 MAY 2015 9:04 AM: Installed 5.0.2 on my 7840, used to have 1 "home" screen and 4 other screens to store apps on, Now I only have 1 "home" screen with no other screens to flip through. Am I missing something? Just try to drag and drop an app past either edge of the screen. It will create another page.
So, now that I have access to my SD card, I moved every single app possible to it. This still only leaves me with 1.45 GB left, so it won't let me install larger apps like games. The culprit seems to... See more...
So, now that I have access to my SD card, I moved every single app possible to it. This still only leaves me with 1.45 GB left, so it won't let me install larger apps like games. The culprit seems to be the default apps and Microsoft Office. Is there a way to install directly to the SD card or move default apps to it? Edit: might as well mention another issue I'm having here. I made room for and installed several games and moved them to the SD card. In App settings, they show as being on the SD card, but when I look at Storage, they are actually still taking up space on the internal storage and the SD card is nearly empty. I uninstalled them, and sure enough, the amount of room on the internal storage increased, while the amount on the SD card stayed the same.
There are also phones it with this chipset, running 5.0 or higher, such as the ASUS Zenfone 2.
There's a link at the bottom of the engadget page where you can send in a tip.
This. It's not Terry's fault. He's just the messenger. I'm still amazed at how poorly Dell is handling this. Definitely the only and last Dell device I will ever buy.
I got a mail flyer for accessories for my Venue 8 7000.... All the accessories were for the 3000 series. Lol.
Awesome! Longer than I'd like, but it's good to have a solid date. Hopefully it's 5.1 if it's taking that long.
Brian from Dell posted the other day that there's no set date yet, and when there is we'll be notified.
I dug around and it seems like I have to change the default install location via adb access. Does this seem correct? I found a guide on modifying USB drivers to work with the device. I have experi... See more...
I dug around and it seems like I have to change the default install location via adb access. Does this seem correct? I found a guide on modifying USB drivers to work with the device. I have experience with flashing Lollipop onto my Nexus 7 so I'm planning to do this when I get home. http://www.themethodology.net/2015/03/using-dell-venue-8-7000-for-android.html
Wait! How do i choose the SD card as the download destination?
Not more, really. I use the Venue the most, but the Nexus gets used a few times a week due to compatibility with MS Office apps. I also use it in therapy with kids who might throw it, since it's olde... See more...
Not more, really. I use the Venue the most, but the Nexus gets used a few times a week due to compatibility with MS Office apps. I also use it in therapy with kids who might throw it, since it's older and has a damage protection pan.
Is there any way to turn the shutter sound off? It even plays through the speakers when I have headphones plugged in. Since I use my device to scan documents a lot, it is driving me insane.  If the... See more...
Is there any way to turn the shutter sound off? It even plays through the speakers when I have headphones plugged in. Since I use my device to scan documents a lot, it is driving me insane.  If there isn't currently a way, can you guys put this on the list of needed fixes for the pending update?
Oh. lol. I hadn't noticed. I switch between PC, this Dell, and my old Nexus 7 a lot.  Edit: Now that I know though... I know what I'm missing 😛
Interesting. So, even when you select 1080p, it only plays it at 720p? That does ***, considering that the screen is a major selling point.
@Wobb Not sure I follow. What's up with 720p youtube?
I am hoping and hoping that they are waiting for 5.1, but some confirmation and a rough ETA would be nice. The screen rotation delay would be a nice fix as well.