frankG2's Posts

frankG2's Posts

Thank you for your response.  I am trying 13.2, the computer does not have UEFI if that is what you are referring to; the computer is  64 bit, and runs 7.0 windows, or will again once I get the MBR r... See more...
Thank you for your response.  I am trying 13.2, the computer does not have UEFI if that is what you are referring to; the computer is  64 bit, and runs 7.0 windows, or will again once I get the MBR reinstalled.  I tend to be venturesome, or as one friend said, I am my worst enemy. Can you explain what Secure Boot is in your understanding? I have tried Ubuntu, KNOPPIX, FEDORA, all from live CD's, and everyone of them complains about the busy resource, also Suse 12.3. No luck! Sincerely, Frank still emoticon.Sad.title
On a laptop, Inspiron 5423; the hard disk, SDA, is repartitioned ito rant extended partition, it is then repartitioned into 3 partitions, one each for swap, /, and /home.  When the install begins, th... See more...
On a laptop, Inspiron 5423; the hard disk, SDA, is repartitioned ito rant extended partition, it is then repartitioned into 3 partitions, one each for swap, /, and /home.  When the install begins, those3 are selected via partitioner for each of the named partitions, and "install" selected.  Immediately, the rmessage listed in the subject appears.:emotion-4: Has anyone had a similar problem?  Can anyone suggest a solution? Frank
Thank you for the response, Todd, I shall repost in the Linux Operating System board. The page you found on Google is similar, but not closely related.  He is installing on a new disk, I want to ... See more...
Thank you for the response, Todd, I shall repost in the Linux Operating System board. The page you found on Google is similar, but not closely related.  He is installing on a new disk, I want to install on the resident hard disk in a new partition. Again, thank you for the response and suggestion. Frank
The machine is an Inspiron 5423, using Windows 7 (sp1). I was attempting to install from a live cd (openSuse, 13.2 ). After researching thei issue on the Suse forums, I shrank the Win partition and c... See more...
The machine is an Inspiron 5423, using Windows 7 (sp1). I was attempting to install from a live cd (openSuse, 13.2 ). After researching thei issue on the Suse forums, I shrank the Win partition and created a new extended partition with three sub partitions, at the suggestion of one of the Suse contributors. Either way, with or without the newly created partitions, the suse installer, and partitioner would not access the hard drive, sda, stating "the resuouce is busy".  Is there a way to get around this problem? Sorry about the double spacing, it just happened, but I get that in wordpad a lot also.