rbergquist's Posts

rbergquist's Posts

I never got any reponse/support from Dell on this.  I think description of the SSD operation is out of date and misleading. I had purchased Laplink PC mover from Dell with the machine expecting i... See more...
I never got any reponse/support from Dell on this.  I think description of the SSD operation is out of date and misleading. I had purchased Laplink PC mover from Dell with the machine expecting it to move over my applications.  I did not handle the C:, 😧 configuration at all and created bad registry entries. In the end I had to reinstall all of my applications to get the C:/D: split to work correctly and in the long term I'm afraid it may become a maintenance problem.
Running on a new XPS 8900.  Whenever Dell Support Assist runs, a Blue Screeen of Death appears.  I am now experiencing a Windows Blue Screen of Death daily -- it appears to be running automatically e... See more...
Running on a new XPS 8900.  Whenever Dell Support Assist runs, a Blue Screeen of Death appears.  I am now experiencing a Windows Blue Screen of Death daily -- it appears to be running automatically every 12 to 24 hours.. The Windows minidump identifies the failures as coming from the address GenHC.sys+1509ewhich is adriver to support a USBSer device.  I've contacted the vendor to see if they can provide a fix, no new updates are on their website. SO, how can I either get a version of Dell Support Assist  that does not trigger the BSOD? Or how can I prevent Dell Support Assist from running?  1)  Is there an option to disable it  2) What should I uninstall? Win10 shows Dell SupportAssist 1.1.6664.93 is installed.
Re: I was anticipating that the default configuration of the drives would be that the SSD drive (or at least a 64GB partition on it) on it would be configured to accelerate the HDD through the Intel ... See more...
Re: I was anticipating that the default configuration of the drives would be that the SSD drive (or at least a 64GB partition on it) on it would be configured to accelerate the HDD through the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application. I understood that this was what was meant by Dell's advertising statement I had the same expectation on the SSD/3TB configuration based on Dell's product writeup: The cache dynamically recognizes and automatically stores your most frequently used applications and files from your hard drive on a compact and fast solid state drive. Get ultra-fast access to your favorite applications and files automatically with 32GB or 256GB capacities. My unit came configured with the SSD as C: labeled as "OS" and the 2TB as 😧 labeled as "Data".  I can't really use that configuration as 256 is too small for the items I need on the OS device.  I don't want to be managaging the disk allocations -- that's what the " automatically stores your most frequently used application" feature was supposed to accomplish. I'd like to see how it can be configured as described on the web site description, ...