aditya_ch's Posts

aditya_ch's Posts

I have got the same clicky, and squeaking noise coming from the hard disk. I got it replaced, and even the new hard disk is making noise. This is worrying me. I asked Dell for a system exchange, and ... See more...
I have got the same clicky, and squeaking noise coming from the hard disk. I got it replaced, and even the new hard disk is making noise. This is worrying me. I asked Dell for a system exchange, and they said that I have to wait for 25-30 days for getting the system replaced and also I will be getting the inspiron 7567 instead of 7559, because 7559 is not being manufactured anymore. The 7567 has a tn panel display, and I have video editing work to do, which is nearly impossible with a tn panel. If you find a solution please do let me know :)
Hello, I have purchased the laptop recently, and even I have noticed that issue. Did it get resolved on your laptop? If it did can you tell me how?
Thank you for the reply. I am afraid I cannot do that as the device is under warranty. And also, the sound does not come when I get into the bios, while the fans are active. That might explain that... See more...
Thank you for the reply. I am afraid I cannot do that as the device is under warranty. And also, the sound does not come when I get into the bios, while the fans are active. That might explain that the sound is from the hard drive itself. Another observation I have seen lately is, that whenever the hard drive performance jumps from 0% to relatively high value such as 30% or 40%, that's when the clicking sound is occurs. If that helps you identify the issue. I am worried, because this is a new hard drive, and still is making sounds, however I want to know if it is normal for this particular hard drive to make such sounds.
Hello all, Recently i have purchased a dell inspiron 7559 laptop, and I had been hearing some audible(yet faint) read head sounds from the SSHD. I thought it was normal until i heard some faint click... See more...
Hello all, Recently i have purchased a dell inspiron 7559 laptop, and I had been hearing some audible(yet faint) read head sounds from the SSHD. I thought it was normal until i heard some faint clicking sounds( usually after using some android studio). I ran SMART tests and DST tests on the hard drive and it managed to pass all the tests, but the clicking bothered me and I contacted Dell and got the SSHD replaced. But now, even the new sshd is making the same noises despite passing all the tests again. I hear some high pitched faint electronic buzz coming from the laptop as well(. What could be causing a problem? The new and the old hard disks are Toshiba MQ02ABD100H, does anyone have this hard drive in their laptops and experiencing this issue? If it helps, I have noticed through a few benchmarkings that the write speed of the hard disk(50mbps) is half the read speed, while transferring files of 1gb size.
I want to add an m.2 ssd to my inspiron 7559, and was wondering how I can add it without warranty issues. Will installing an m.2 ssd to my system void the warranty of my laptop? If then how can i get... See more...
I want to add an m.2 ssd to my inspiron 7559, and was wondering how I can add it without warranty issues. Will installing an m.2 ssd to my system void the warranty of my laptop? If then how can i get it installed without any warranty issues. I bought my laptop in India. I did not find any document regarding the limitations of the warranty. Please help.