dellfrustration666666's Posts

dellfrustration666666's Posts

The more you refer to the fault of others in their products, the more you prove that Dell was fully competent in addressing the battery issue. So show all the videos and links you can find. If som... See more...
  The more you refer to the fault of others in their products, the more you prove that Dell was fully competent in addressing the battery issue. So show all the videos and links you can find. If someone as sophisticated as you can, in a matter of two sentences, reduce everything down to "just open it yourself and fix it since other companies have this issue too"  and a. in the course possibly damage the computer, b. definitely break your warranty, then I guess you have set the standard for quality control at a pretty low bar and also set the quality of customer service at a point of idiocy.        
Actually, I'm not looking for any information.  Also, now you've changed your argument to say battery is dangerous in general -- and I would largely agree. But so is the glass in the screen. It coul... See more...
Actually, I'm not looking for any information.  Also, now you've changed your argument to say battery is dangerous in general -- and I would largely agree. But so is the glass in the screen. It could crack and cut your eyes and make you blind. As are the plastic and fine metals. For that matter, so is breathing in air. Oxygen is slowly aging you to the point of death in 70 to 80 years.  So thanks for the link. Should have sent it to me before I bought the computer. You'd do well as a Dell Representative to warn your potential customer that they should read that link so they can learn that: "before you buy, give this link a read. it'll tell you about how our battery might swell -- and 'generally' it won't burn, but should it burn you cannot sue us!"  Have you considered that? Working for Dell?    You know what I consider? -- oh yes you know. It's why you are so responsive, isn't it?       
Hi, for the sake of clarity I want to make sure that consumer experiencing bulging batteries and are concerned about safety are aware of this. This not a legal opinion, but I've read up on this on wi... See more...
Hi, for the sake of clarity I want to make sure that consumer experiencing bulging batteries and are concerned about safety are aware of this. This not a legal opinion, but I've read up on this on wikipedia. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_liability)  it is not up to the consumer to ensure that the purchased product is safe. it is the manufacturer's job. Generally, manufacturers have what is called a "duty of care" to its consumers. The common sense notion is that manufacturers shouldn't have something in their product that will harm the consumer.   If what someone said above is true, that these bulging battery has been a common issue, then Dell should have known through their research. Yet they chose to do use this battery probably knowing of its risks in burning the consumer. That seems pretty wrong, doesn't it?  Your example is not quite analogous to the situation here. In your case, the consumer ignored the brake sensors and then had a crash. But a) we don't know if the the manufacturer of the car put in a bad brake. Here we do know that Dell put in a bad battery. Yet, they decided to go along with it anyway. B) what are the "warning" signs in the case of a laptop? There is no warning sign on your windows desktop that says "battery bulging might burn." In fact, there is not even a sign to indicate that what causes the trackpad to rise is a bulging batter -- one has to find that out on this forum. Should the consumer be expected to research all of the potential causes? That seems pretty unreasonable isn't? The consumer should be able to expect that once he bought a product, the product is reasonably safe. If something is wrong, then there should be a reasonable warning to let the consumer know that whatever happens next it's up to the consumer. In this instance, was there? No.  So you recommend that the consumer should just fix the battery himself. Funny, because doing that would be your equivalent of saying: well there was a warranty and the problem occurred within this warranty period, yet you decided to fix this issue yourself with the possibility of breaking it in the process. I'm within my warranty. The battery is messed up now. Why should I fix it myself? When I purchased this product, I paid for the warranty.  In other words, I think I have a pretty solid case. It's not as simple as "oh it's broken, just replace it yourself." I hope people won't be mislead by your comment into thinking that they should just fix it themselves when it is still within their warranty.  Dell has the obligation of ensuring its products are safe. 
I'm thinking of filing a lawsuit. This is really dangerous for your kids! 
Hi, I have a Dell 9550. Recently I noticed that my track pad was bulging up and exceptionally hot until it stopped functioning altogether.  I called Dell, they acknowledged over the phone that it has... See more...
Hi, I have a Dell 9550. Recently I noticed that my track pad was bulging up and exceptionally hot until it stopped functioning altogether.  I called Dell, they acknowledged over the phone that it has been a common problem that the battery of the 9550 swells, causing the trackpad to not function. Because my laptop is still within warranty (and will be for 2 more weeks), they decided to send a technician. However, the technician never contacted me and never came! How should I now proceed? I contacted dell support again using my express service code, but the person hung up on me. <Removed - Legalistic>,. This defect in battery is a severe liability that can - and will - cause serious harm.