Antae's Posts

Antae's Posts

If anyone else is experiencing performance drops due to GPU spikes, just try to adjust "maximum processor state" until your GPU usage during gameplay only comes close to 100% or reaches 100% but does... See more...
If anyone else is experiencing performance drops due to GPU spikes, just try to adjust "maximum processor state" until your GPU usage during gameplay only comes close to 100% or reaches 100% but does not drop your fps. You can find this option by typing "Edit power plan" in the search bar, from there you should click on "Change advanced power settings" and then find "Processor power management". Just try to find what works best for you (like I said, mine was 87%). It may be not the best solution and it is possible that you will drop a few frames, but it is still better than nothing :). I also undervolted my CPU (i5 7300HQ) to -130mV, but this may not be necessary. Well, good luck, hope it fixes your problem, any feedback would be awesome! :) P.S. I use MSI Afterburner to track my GPU usage and Intel XTU to undervolt the CPU
Well, I have came across this solution too (although I have to turn my maximum processor state to 87%), but I can still squeeze 50 to 60 fps on games like PUBG or Apex legends with rare moments of it... See more...
Well, I have came across this solution too (although I have to turn my maximum processor state to 87%), but I can still squeeze 50 to 60 fps on games like PUBG or Apex legends with rare moments of it dropping to 40 fps. I am just happy there are no more sudden fps drops that ruin the whole gameplay. If anyone else is experiencing performance drops due to GPU spikes, just try to adjust "maximum processor state" until your GPU usage during gameplay only comes close to 100% or reaches 100% but does not drop your fps. You can find this option by typing "Edit power plan" in the search bar, from there you should click on "Change advanced power settings" and then find "Processor power management". Just try to find what works best for you (like I said, mine was 87%). It may be not the best solution and it is possible that you will drop a few frames, but it is still better than nothing :). I also undervolted my CPU (i5 7300HQ) to -130mV, but this may not be necessary. Well, good luck, hope it fixes your problem, any feedback would be awesome! :)