alphaGeekRetired's Posts

alphaGeekRetired's Posts

You're on the right track. While I have no way to prove this, I suspect that Microsoft was using 'MicrosoftAccount\{my email address}' as my username. I finally got to Other options and entered my e... See more...
You're on the right track. While I have no way to prove this, I suspect that Microsoft was using 'MicrosoftAccount\{my email address}' as my username. I finally got to Other options and entered my email address and password to get connected.
I have a new Inspiron I5 3576 that cannot connect to my desktop via remote desktop connection. The desktop is visible In File Explorer, Network. Launching RDC and entering the desktop name proceeds t... See more...
I have a new Inspiron I5 3576 that cannot connect to my desktop via remote desktop connection. The desktop is visible In File Explorer, Network. Launching RDC and entering the desktop name proceeds to login with my Microsoft Account name. The password is rejected. I can connect via RDC to the desktop from my wife's Dell desktop system. I can connect to the laptop from the desktop via RDC. In every instance the RDC connection dialog box shows my Microsoft Account email address as the username. Adapter properties seem normal. Private network sharing is on. RDC is allowed in settings on all systems. I have run the network troubleshooter - no change. The network is private. There do not appear to be any firewall issues. The only thing that doesn't work properly is my password in RDC at the laptop. Now what?
If your touchpad allows scrolling with two fingers then it's likely it can do drag & drop. Today I learned that it's a two handed operation.  The lower left of the touchpad can be used as the left mo... See more...
If your touchpad allows scrolling with two fingers then it's likely it can do drag & drop. Today I learned that it's a two handed operation.  The lower left of the touchpad can be used as the left mouse button.  Use a finger on the left hand to point to an object and press in the left mouse button area. Use a finger on the right hand to move the object to its new location and release the left hand's button. Hope this helps. gwb