I just ordered one on the 12th, and my estimated delivery date is October 29. This wait time is killing me, so I called customer services and asked them if my pc had gone to production stage. They advised that they have not started manufacturing it because there are some parts that is not officially launched yet. Could anyone here please let me know which one of the below parts may be the reason that is holding my PC's manufacture. 9th Gen Intel I7-9700K (OC), RTX 2080 Super, chassis with High-performance CPU liquid cooling and 850W power supply, HyperX Furry DDR4 XMP...
For a newly released machine where they're probably still making last minute changes to the tooling or production line, yes, it's possible to wait. And 29 October is a little over a month away, not two.
I was initially going to say something sarcastic like "Dell's probably just trying to find new and inventive ways of crippling the BIOS even further before release" but I didn't want to discourage you.
Is it normal to have this long wait time? This is my first PC. I just want to receive it sooner than October 29, that's like 2 months and there are new games coming out in Fall. uhhhhhhh!
@Anonymous, the facility in Mexico is for assembly. Most parts still made in China. I was staring at my R8's left panel last night. Clearly printed "Made In China". I was wondering if there's a factory in China that can make me a slightly bigger R8
- Without the PSU arm and the PSU is at the bottom of the chassis
- Fit 2x 240 mm radiators
- Room for a reservoir
- None of the ugly metal clips for cable management.
- Same black inner casing color throughout.
@Vankyu: Welcome! You are one of the few early adopters for the R9. Please share your experience with an R9 here once you receive it.
They are most likely waiting on the cases to arrive, along with new bios, and software integrations to work with the new keyboards and mouses.
I’m still waiting on mine as well. ETA October 16th or 17th. The mouse, keyboard, and monitor release on October 3rd. My guess is that’s when the r9s will start to be assembled.
Its a long wait. But well worth it. Thanks to Dell630i , I have extra intake fans to be installed right away
Is it worth canceling and re ordering? Dell escalated the issue. And attempted to expedite the order on the production side. (Not sure it will come any quicker) But it was worth a try.
One of the positive experience with my R8 purchase was an escalation done by the order support technician did pull in the arrival time of my system by 5 days. So you may want to keep an eye on that order tracking page.
I went on the dell website today. And wanted to see how soon I could get r9 if I ordered today with the same configuration. And it says October 11th. Which is odd, since I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and ETA was the 16th..
Is it worth canceling and re ordering? Dell escalated the issue. And attempted to expedite the order on the production side. (Not sure it will come any quicker) But it was worth a try.
@Bmwpower603 : phone conversation is only as good as recording that Dell has control over. Unless you recorded the conversation too and depending on the state(s) involved, there's the issue about consent. I'd recommend redoing the whole expediting conversation on chat and save the transcript. That way, there is no ambiguity as to who promised what.
amstel78
2 Intern
•
402 Posts
1853
0
Posted September 24th, 2019 11:00
For a newly released machine where they're probably still making last minute changes to the tooling or production line, yes, it's possible to wait. And 29 October is a little over a month away, not two.
I was initially going to say something sarcastic like "Dell's probably just trying to find new and inventive ways of crippling the BIOS even further before release" but I didn't want to discourage you.