Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 11th, 2012 18:00

Are vWorkspace Connector Hotfixes cumulative? And what to install when?

First question:

Suppose our environment needs Hotfix 216756, 185506 (both optional) as well as 242538 (mandatory for Windows 8 clients). Does the 242538 hotfix also include the fixes for 185506 & 216756? And if not how can I deploy all hotfixes?

Second question:

I've noticed that most hotfixpackages contain binaries for the connectors, vWorkspace and PNTools. When I go through the SOL and the releasenotes, it's totally unclear to me however whether I should apply all fixes or only the fix for the connector or maybe pntools or both etc.???

For instance for the RDP hotfix if I install the connector on a client system with Windows 8 I can connect fine again. But the description (https://support.quest.com/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL101291) mentions that the fix is for both pntools and the connector. Based on the list of resolved issues I can generally make some sort of guess, but since I'm rather thick, it'd be nice if it were described a little more straight forward. (i.e. for this resolved issue install that or those packages).

regards,

Ritchie

173 Posts

December 12th, 2012 13:00

Hi Ritchie,

Thanks for the feedback. Let me try and shed some light:

• vWorkspace Connector hotfixes are cumulative.
  • vWorkspace PNTools hotfixes are cumulative

Does that make sense?

13 Posts

December 12th, 2012 14:00

Hello Ritchie,

In addition to Michel's answer, when you download a hotfix and contains the folders:

PNTOOLS

CONNECTORS

VWORKSPACE

This means that the hotfix contains fixes for Virtual Desktops (PNTools), clients (connectors) and other server roles of vWorkspace.

Normally when a hotfix contains both a connector and pntools new version it is advised to implement the hotfix at the virtual desktop and client at the same time, as some of the addressed issues are fixed in the binaries of client and pntools. Same goes with the contents of VWORKSPACE folder, you should install this hotfix on brokers, web access servers, secure gateway servers, terminal servers, etc.

So, as a recommendation implement the hotfix at all the levels if the hotfix contains fixes for different parts of our software.

Regards,

Jose Romero.

No Events found!