Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2013 14:00

Can't get Set-QVWComputer -PersistentClient to work with 8.0 PS Module

My code worked on 7.2.1, but I can't get it to work since upgrading to 8.0. I'm just trying to assign a user to a VDI, Set-QVWComputer is the only command I'm having an issue with.

The error I'm getting is "The specified filter was invalid."

Example command:

Set-QVWComputer -Farm (Get-QVWFarm) -PersistentClient 'Domain\UserName' -Identity 'VDIComputerName'

15 Posts

January 2nd, 2015 07:00

This "Specified filter was invalid" issue was resolved in version 32 of the 8.0 PowerShell module.

The version that you're running must be greater than 8.0.306.32 - please verify that you're running an up-to-date version of the module.

3 Posts

October 17th, 2013 14:00

It looks like removing an assignment works:

Set-QVWComputer -Farm (Get-QVWFarm) -PersistentClient '' -Identity 'VDIComputerName'

However, I now get an error when trying to go to the properties of that machine in the management console (just that one machine, all of the others are fine).

2013-10-17 11_09_25-Quest vWorkspace.png

2013-10-17 11_10_51-Quest vWorkspace.gif

15 Posts

October 17th, 2013 15:00

Hey Chris,

I'm sorry you're having problems. We will try and reproduce this issue in house and update you as soon as we know more. I would suggest to avoid running this cmdlet on more machines as it seems to have corrupted the VMs record in the database. If this VM is important please send me a direct message and I can guide you through repairing the record.

Thanks,

Adam

August 25th, 2014 04:00

I am having the same problem. Please post an answers asap. Thanks!

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2015 03:00

Hi there,

I'm getting same error "Specified filter was invalid"

I've tried two diferente ways:

1-

PS > Set-QVWComputer -Farm FarmName -Identity "VMName" -PersistentClient "DES000\Testprovision"

Set-QVWComputer : The specified filter was invalid.

At line:1 char:16
+ Set-QVWComputer <<<< -Farm ExternosIT76 -Identity $ImportedVM.Name -PersistentClient "DES000\Testprovision"
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-QVWComputer], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Quest.vWorkspace.PowerShell.Infrastructure.SetQVWComputer

2-

PS > $ImportedVM.PersistentClient = "Domain\UserName"
PS > $ImportedVM | Set-QVWComputer -Farm FarmName

Set-QVWComputer : The specified filter was invalid.

At line:1 char:30
+ $ImportedVM | Set-QVWComputer <<<< -Farm ExternosIT76
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-QVWComputer], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Quest.vWorkspace.PowerShell.Infrastructure.SetQVWComputer

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
@ralbac

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2015 12:00

Thanks for the answer Joel.

I'm using 8.0.306.31 so it seems you're right but, I'm trying to download a greater version and I'm not able to find a valid download link; (http://en.community.dell.com/community/vworkspace/beta

Could you provide me a valid download link.

Thanks again for your help!

@ralbac

January 8th, 2015 20:00

Hi Albaruben,

This is the link to be able to download the latest version 8.5 of vWorkspace

https://software.dell.com/register/55322/ 

Cheers,
Dave Caddick

January 16th, 2015 08:00

The newer version is currently going through release management and will be released on this community soon.

No Events found!