Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2013 12:00

Communication error between broker and virtual machines

Hi there,

there is another issue at the same network we do have the EOP USB issue at one client device.

The vWorkspace 7.6 environment consists of a virtual desktop group, type 'others/physical'. All virtual desktops are running Windows XP with current security patches as well as PNTools 7.6 installed. The broker itself is running on a Windows Server 2003 Std., 32bit.

From time to time one or more of the virtual desktops out of the group disappearing after the broker log is telling that they couldn't be reached even if users are connected to them by this time and following their dayly work.

Have anyone experience this in a VDI environment too - I see it for the first time?

Thanks in adv.,

Holger

February 27th, 2013 14:00

Hello,

I haven't seem machines disappear but I have seen VDI marked as offline.

Take a look in the XP machine that has disappeared. Have a look in the Eventlog to see if the Quest Data Collector service keeps stopping.

Thanks, Andrew

March 8th, 2013 10:00

Hi Andrew,

our customer checked the Eventlog for entries from the Quest Data Collector Service and wasn't able to find anything about it.

I also havn't seen machines disappear before, but I saw it by my own eyes two times as I was visiting this customer side. When a machine disappear and you try to add it again then the console reples you that it can be done because the machine already exist within this pool. After this message the machine could still not be found in the pool, but appeared about 15 to 30 minutes later without anyone did changed a thing.

As there are router and hardware firewall issues wihtin the LAN of the customer we suggested to first get rid of this kind of issues before going into this vWorkspace issue any further.

Thanks,

Holger

No Events found!