Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2014 04:00

EOP Printer should not be default, possible?

Hi There

We have enabled EOP Printer for the userers who access via Web Portal from remote or at home.

EOP Printer works fine, when they connect from home the home default printer is also default printer in the vdi.

but when the user comes back to the office an login to the thinclient there is any printer the default, but not the one he likes.

so we have no logon script for setting the def printer. the user makes this by himself. And a logon script would not work, if he disconnect at home and reconnect at the office.

So im looking for the possibility to use eop printers, the printers should be connected but not as default printer.

is this possible? If not > Feature Request

Thanks

Marc

March 6th, 2014 06:00

Hi Marc,

I use the following settings on my VDI and it works perfectly.

This still creates all the printers, but it does not change which printer is default.

Thanks, Andrew.

March 7th, 2014 03:00

:)

Glad I could help

32 Posts

Hi Andrew

Thanks, now i really unterstand, im looking for the eop printing configuration on the local client not in the vdi.
I will test your suggestion and give you feedback.

we using cloud mode

Thanks a lot

Marc

Hi,

The change is made on the VDI.

If you're using Cloud Desktop group, update your image and it will soon be set for all users.

If you're using persistent desktops, you can set these settings by modifying the registry, so you could script it really easily.

Thanks, Andrew.

32 Posts

Hi Andrew

I unterstand, but now i have to say every user that they should do this configuration at home.

I think it should possible to do this configuration on web interface.

Marc

32 Posts

March 6th, 2014 07:00

it works fine. thanks

No Events found!